My homemade plugger

treasure state

Works great; just got to figure out how to carry it.

Attachments

• 001 (3) (800x600).jpg
    001 (3) (800x600).jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 8,398
I would think it would but will have to wait until it dries up to know for sure. I have used a smaller version for years that works in dry soil just fine. It was only 1 1/2 inches across so had to probe with a copper rod to locate the item before taking the plug. This one is 3" in diameter and the E-Trac pinppoints right on so no probing.

I made 1 back in the 80's. mine is made of ridgid pipe and is Heavy. Yours looks much lighter. I used to have an old tool belt and I put a large ring on it. It held it quite well. If you have a sewing Awl you can sew a loop onto an old belt or tool pouch. the just drop the plugger in the loop

The E-Trac has never been off. The way to avoid damage to a coin is check depth before you dig, remove plug short of target, check with pinpointer, if your on continue retrieval, if your off reinsert plug and do a new plug over target.

It's a good concept, but I think just digging a plug would be about the same effort plus you can go deeper if need be. It looks to cumbersome to tote around. Just my opinion. good luck...

When I used to use mine.. I would use my probe to center the target then use the plugger.. the down side is if your have rocks or gravel or a lot of heavy roots.. the plugger doesn't work as well

On shallower objects I use a probe made out of brass. The plugger is the flared piece from a sink trap and a shovel handle to push out the plug.

Attachments

• Pluging a coin (800x450).jpg
    Pluging a coin (800x450).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 4,049
  • A dime (800x450).jpg
    A dime (800x450).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3,901
if yours is made out of a sink trap it is smaller than the one I made way back when... with it's size you should be able to carry it on a tool belt with a hammer loop or a hammer loop on a pair of carpenters jeans. With the jeans it may ride lower than you want.. but should probably work.

I have an apron the small one goes into that works fine. The big one I have to figure out yet. I do have an idea or two along with your thoughts. Thank you.

I've been looking for a plugger that's about 3-4" in diameter- anyone have luck making one of those or have any suggestions?

If you're off on your pinpointing, you can ruin a good coin.

Considering the 3+ pages of scratched coins from mostly leches on the worst scratched coins thread, this plugger is just as likely to scratch a coin as a lesche or a shovel or pick and screwdriver.

I will post the one I have sold to a few people here after my coffee and post a you tube of my 3inch wide plugger.

That's awesome for detecting golf courses... Bring it down here to NW Arkansas and I bet you throw it off into the woods.

Wayyy too many rocks for somethig like that. Same with a Lesche...lol Better have ya a shovel of some sort or faghettaboutit!

Looks awesome for sod...

Back
Top Bottom