Show me the evidence that the V3 is as good as the E-Track!

Romeo7

Forum Supporter
My buddy BigJohn07 bought his E-Track a little over a month ago and has pulled 45 pieces of silver out of the ground since then. It has all been parks and schools that have been "hunted out". He is having 5+ silver days when he hunts compared to my POSSIBLE 1-3 if I am luck and the ground is wet. I have hunted with him on numerous occasions. He has let me scan silver targets that he can see and I can't with my MXT. Some just a few inches below the surface.

I have wanted a V3 for a while now, but watching my buddy John and the others on this forum like Angel and Epi, I am seeing huge gains of silver finds with E-Track users that I am not seeing with users with the V3.

What is the deal? My loyalty of being a White's guy is in serous question.

Where are the major gains from the V3 users???? Please help me out here. Are the V3 users just not posting their finds????

-Mark

You should buy the e-track. They are magic. Anybody can find silver with them with absolutely no skill involved.

At a seeded hunt this weekend they had a test set up on depth. They had coins from 6 to 18 inches in the ground. My V was the only one to hit the 16 and 18 inch coins. ( and it was loud and clear not broken)The fisher F75 came in second at 14 . ( I felt that was a iffy singal at best but they gave it to him) The E-trac was in at 12 inches. I have found silver at parks that I have hunted for 4 years along with many others and started finding silver at 9 inches and as deep as 14.I had hunted this park with my XLT and DFX and had wrote it off as hunted out cause it had been over a year since I had found silver.When I got my V I wanted to test out the deep silver program so I took it to this park. My first hit was a quater at 11 inches. Thats all it took I was sold.I have pulled close to 15 more coins out of park in the last two months.( some are posted some are not)My buddy who hunt it also has done even better with his V.The V is awesome.

At a seeded hunt this weekend they had a test set up on depth. They had coins from 6 to 18 inches in the ground. My V was the only one to hit the 16 and 18 inch coins. ( and it was loud and clear not broken)The fisher F75 came in second at 14 . ( I felt that was a iffy singal at best but they gave it to him) The E-trac was in at 12 inches. I have found silver at parks that I have hunted for 4 years along with many others and started finding silver at 9 inches and as deep as 14.I had hunted this park with my XLT and DFX and had wrote it off as hunted out cause it had been over a year since I had found silver.When I got my V I wanted to test out the deep silver program so I took it to this park. My first hit was a quater at 11 inches. Thats all it took I was sold.I have pulled close to 15 more coins out of park in the last two months.( some are posted some are not)My buddy who hunt it also has done even better with his V.The V is awesome.

Thanks for your response. Depth is definitely not the question here. It is probably more of a masking issue.

You have pulled 15 pieces of silver over the last two months, where as my buddy has pulled 15 pieces of silver out WEEKLY with his E-Track out of parks that have been hit hard...

I wish more V3 users where posting their numbers...

Its going to be tough to find a good comparison. I think you see two different types of hunters buying the different machines. E-Trac'ers are mainly deep coin hunters, that is why that is what they mostly find, while V3'ers are more the variety hunters. Yes the V3'ers do hunt those deep coins, but they also do a lot more jewelry hunting than your hard core silver hunters.

I was concerned that the E-Trac wouldn't make a good gold hunter, based on the fact few E-Trac'ers were finding/reporting any. The E-Trac is a great gold jewelry detector if thats what you choose to look for. I suspect the same is true for the V3.

Last edited:
the coins have to there for you to find them. I am only able to get out ahour or two a week at best. some times not at all.My buddy who hit the same park with his V is killing me in silver but he gets out much more than I do. (no kids)If you have a park that your buddy is pulling 15 a day with the e-trac then I would think you cuold do the same with the V and maybe even better with older much deeper coins.

You should realize by now Romeo that there are many factors that go into the equation of making good finds. Your detector is just one part of the overall picture. Location, the amount of time you have to hunt, how well you detect and how well you know your detector (ability). These are are all big contributing parts the play toward a good hunt. To a large degree even a head to head comparison would only attest to the individuals ability that is running the detector, not the detector itself. I will be adding the E-Trac to my collection of detectors by Spring. I will be doing a lot of comparisons. Still that only shows how well I know how to run each detector.

I would caution those participating in this thread to remain civil and friendly. Thanks for your help.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Last edited:
You should realize by now Romeo that there are many factors that go into the equation of making good finds. Your detector is just one part of the overall picture. Location, the amount of time you have to hunt, how well you detect and how well you know your detector (ability). These are are all big contributing parts the play toward a good hunt. To a large degree even a head to head comparison would only attest to the individuals ability that is running the detector, not the detector itself. I will be adding the E-Trac to my collection of detectors by Spring. I will be doing a lot of comparisons. Still that only shows how well I know how to run each detector.

I would caution those participating in this thread to remain civil and friendly. Thanks for your help.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Yep, I hear you load and clear. I definitely know all about the variables between detecting and not detecting a piece of silver in the ground... I also followed the original post by Detector several months ago that caused all kinds of hard feelings between V3 and E-Track users, so please use caution when posting. I just want to see more V3 postings of great silver pulled out of the ground like I am seeing from the forum's E-Track users. I know those users are out there <cough> - COUGH - John <cough>. It's a matter of general trending. Maybe the E-Track users on this forum are more involved with posting than the V3 users?</cough></cough>

It's a matter of general trending. Maybe the E-Track users on this forum are more involved with posting than the V3 users?

I think your line of thought is what is very obvious to all. The E Trac sees things that the other machines do not, it's painfully obvious. What is obvious also is the V users are having a hard time understanding their machines and is was painfully obvious the release of it was all but a blunder in the way it happened. No material to learn from, needing update after update to make it work for the customers like it should have from the beginning. Minelab, and it was very obvious put a lot of field testing into this machine before it was released and now the E Trac users are benefiting from it. Virtually turn on and go and find great stuff. With very little change to the machine it turns into a metal sucking monster that probably nothing can touch. The E Trac users are finding great stuff right out of the gate. Field testers did this for ML.... Guinea pigs, "customers" did it for Whites. I'm only speaking the truth and hope no one takes offense, please don't. E Trac users have nothing to do but hunt and post their finds if they want. No applaud necessary, ML did a great job! I've been at it for almost a year now and am by no means an expert just know what I've read here and on other forums. Whites "has" to have great customer service with blunders like they just had or they would go out of business quick. Get an E Trac and run it. If you don't like it sell it. After all, we all have to pay to play.

Whites "has" to have great customer service with blunders like they just had or they would go out of business quick.

Please folks! Lets keep this nice. Opinionated detector bashing is not educational for anyone. Factual discussion is what we need to examine these two fine detectors. Lets talk a little more about personal experience. I would really like to hear the likes and dislikes about a detector from someone who owns one or has used one. This is helpful information that can benefit us all if we can just get past the Minelab/Whites confrontations. We can have a great thread here or we can let it degenerate. The Friendly Forum is a place for fun and education. Thanks

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Last edited:
yea I saw the e-trac brake-up at 12 inches:lol: and the V sound off loud and clear at 18 inches on a silver quater.. And this V is still runnig ver.1.0 . No problems at all. Out of the box turn and go. I love this michine there is none better!!!:D Even the F75 hit the coin at 14 inches!

maybe it,s just me, But I am not gonna dig an 18 inch hole, or for that matter a foot deep for a coin. Mine does just fine at 6-8 inches where most coins are located anyway. Like C-sage said, this isnt the place for mine is better than yours.

I am still on the lookout for a V3 even though I am very happy with my E-Trac.

As has been posted the real key to great depth is more to do with the person than the detector. Pretty much all detectors can get great depth in the right hands. After six years with the DFX I have learned to run it on the edge to get great depth. Running on the edge is where you can tell, with reasonable accuracy, which of those iffy signals are the good stuff.

What I've found is while the E-Trac is exceptional on the deep silver, its only slightly deeper on coppers than what I could get with the DFX. I am going back over my hard hunted spots and pulling lots of deep silver, but the coppers and nickles have all been questionable much like on my DFX.

All detectors have a safe zone which is where you know you have a good target. The E-Trac's safe zone on silver is very deep. It ID's deep silver very well. Now once I have six years on the E-Trac that may change. The V3 is a younger detector than the ET but has already made its mark in the detector world as an exceptional machine.

I'm kind of with beerdoodle. I won't be digging any 18" holes except in an open field. I already feel bad when I recover coins at 12". When I return I see the scars from my last trips.

Last edited:
maybe it,s just me, But I am not gonna dig an 18 inch hole, or for that matter a foot deep for a coin. Mine does just fine at 6-8 inches where most coins are located anyway. Like C-sage said, this isnt the place for mine is better than yours.

Yep, ain't gonna dig any 12 inch holes around here with this rocky soil. Maybe out in the midwest corn belt with that deep loamy topsoil. :lol: Or maybe in a coastal area with sandy soil you could dig that deep.

I have yet to dig a hole 18 inches. 12 to 13 yes. The 18 was at a seed hunt to test the depth of the machines that people were useing that day.If I were to get a VDI of say 92 at 18 inches I'm going to dig it. I'm still looking for that first silver dollar. Doug in this part of Maryland we don't get much rocky soil. It's much like the eastern shore. (sandy) not to hard to reach 18 inches.

I have wanted a V3 for a while now, but watching my buddy John and the others on this forum like Angel and Epi, I am seeing huge gains of silver finds with E-Track users that I am not seeing with users with the V3.

I'm convinced that if you gave Angellionel two bent coat hangers and a spoon to dig with, he'd find the silver. As far as the V3 and E-trac, I've been consistently amazed by both machines through the finds their owners make. I think with either one, you'd be happy. You're already familiar with White's, so the V3 may have less of a curve. It'll take longer to get used to an E-trac if you've never had a Minelab before.
I dont think there is a detector on the market that will grab everything. I know that if there is nothing to be found, nothing will be found.

Boy mark sure opened a can of worms.
I have only under a year of detecting.
But the way I see it is the ground is
highly mineralized here makes it tough
on any detector.

Good luck on your choice.

HH
BIG JOHN

Back
Top Bottom