Gold seal matrix.

Doug

Elite Member
I held off posting this gold seal matrix found last week until I had a possible ID on the coat of arms depicted on the base and the age of the seal.

Age is late 17th early 18th century.

The coat of arms is less clear.

I think the 10 bezants on the left represents one family and the Prince of Wales feathers /Fleur-de-lis on the right another family.

The hand is either a hand of friendship or a hand in marriage.

Further research is ongoing and I will update where necessary.

Thanks for looking............Doug

IMGP9247_phixr.jpg

DSC_0004_phixr-27.jpg

DSC_0002_phixr-34.jpg

That is flat out amazing!!! What an incredible find, I wish we had that level of history in the U.S. Congrats...do you have an idea of weight?

Amazing find!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! What I love is how I can dig a 5 year old metal object, and it's rusty as can be. Then someone digs a possible 3-350 year old gold item, and it looks like it was just produced. Beautiful!!!

OH MAN, that's unreal! Just to think of the history that piece was a part of is mind blowing.... Gotta be one of the top finds i've seen on this site in YEARS... Congrats man!

Without a doubt one of my all time favorite finds posted on any detecting forum. Congratulations on a truly amazing find.

Doug...any chance that you would melt some wax and stamp it? It would be cool to see how it looks in action.

Back
Top Bottom