Detector Handle mod

CoinGeezer

Howdy all. I'm new to the forums, but have been detecting for years. I have a problem that begs a solution, and wanted to see if any of you pros have had any experience with my dilemma...

I have been using an old, but very reliable White's Coinmaster 4D/B detector for well over 25 years now. It is an old Blue box unit, with a box mounted handle. I'm used to it, but it hurts my hand after awhile

What I want to do is convert it to a newer style handle, like the curved handle on the newer style black box detectors, specifically a Whites DFX or similar.

Has anyone done such a mod, and if so, could you post pics? I'm very handy with tools, so fabrication of mounts or brackets or whatever isn't out of my scope of abilities. This detector is such a great unit for finding deep coins, I can't see giving it up for a new unit.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to any and all replies!

Hello,
I have an old Wildcat ,also with the "U" handle.
Should I try to modify its handle ,I would choose to adapt
a new handle letting the control box hang from it.
Aprox. the way the Tesoro Lobo Model is ...

If your handy with tools and have a conduit bender I would hit the local resale shop or goodwill and get a used crutch. The aluminum tubing should be perfect for making/modifying your handle. Be sure to take some picks and post them if you get it done.

Back
Top Bottom