Waterproof Vaquero

rocketmoon2

I know its been done before using water boxes with other machines, but i made my vaquero waterproof. Thanks for looking, the cable clams were about $25 and the box is from walmart, its about $9

Attachments

• waterproofvaq1.jpg
    waterproofvaq1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,731
  • waterproofvaq2.jpg
    waterproofvaq2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,334
  • waterproofvaq3.jpg
    waterproofvaq3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,259
works great, no leaks so far and iv used it for 10 hours. I used my vaquero on land for more than a year and wanted a water detector that was sensative to gold. The seven gold rings i have posted in the water hunting section were found with this detector in a really hunted out spot. They were all very deep and had faint signals but once you learn the vaquero's language like I have, you figure out which tones can be good ones. All in all makes a pretty darn deep seaking water detector.

Hey that is real neat idea and very simple. I have seen alot of mods on water proofing a land unit but this one just drops right in without taking the works out of the unit. Where do you buy the cable clams?? Thanks for sharing, Tim

So far iv used it about 15 hours with no problems. Just have to be carefull the seal is sand free when you close the box after turning it on.

This is awesome - thanks so much. My buddy and I both have Vaqueros and we're going to give it a shot...

Nicely done!! I to have considered trying this out. I would be interested if you could post later on to let us know how it continues to work out and any problems you might encounter.

Only issue to date i have encountered is the lower shaft lock jams up with sand, so have to be carefull with that.

Nice mod, a video would be really great. This projects reminds me of the same water proofing process people used to do with their minelab Explorer ii, I wonder if they still do this today and how it performed over the years?

Nice mod, a video would be really great. This projects reminds me of the same water proofing process people used to do with their minelab Explorer ii, I wonder if they still do this today and how it performed over the years?

Seeing the pictures of the explorer is what gave me the idea for this. Thanks to whoever posted those explorer waterproof pics.

Seeing the pictures of the explorer is what gave me the idea for this. Thanks to whoever posted those explorer waterproof pics.

I would also say a big Thanks to everyone who shared their great ideas and inventions, from homemade sandscoops to waterproof Explorer 2. :thumbsup:

Nice. I have been planning on using an otter box and doing that with my Umax. Do you remember what part of the store the waterproof box was in? I can just picture trying to explain what I'm looking for to the store employee so I can find it. :no2:

Nice. I have been planning on using an otter box and doing that with my Umax. Do you remember what part of the store the waterproof box was in? I can just picture trying to explain what I'm looking for to the store employee so I can find it. :no2:

In the camping section of the walmart by me, there were two sizes, Vaquero was slightly to tall for the samller box so i had to go with the larger.

Back
Top Bottom