Coinstar finds- This is getting rediculous!

Stang1968

Elite Member
Like many of us, I check the Coinstar machines on my way out of the grocery store each week. A few weeks back, I checked it, and it was empty, but I noticed in the lotto scratcher machine next to the coinstar a lotto ticket. It was unscratched and no one was around, so I took it home. Scratched it off and won $3. So I redeemed it the next week and spent $1 of my winnings on another scratcher. I got $4 that time. Redeemed that ticket yesterday and spent $1 on another scratcher that won me $7. So at this point, just by checking the coinstar, I've come up on $12 ($14 minus cost of two tickets) that I otherwise would not have found. I'm not sure if I should spend the dollar on another scratcher when i redeem this one next time.

Darn! I have forgotten all about those CoinStar machines!!Now, I gotta check them!!

The coinstar machine at my supermarket never has any change left in it... someone must watch it and swoop in before I get there...:D RickO

I found a coin from India and one from Mexico 2 days ago on the Coinstar. You might want to take the $$ that you are ahead and buy a coin with it for future investment :) For sooner or later the house will win. Steve in so az

The coinstar machine at my supermarket never has any change left in it... someone must watch it and swoop in before I get there...:D RickO

When I bought the most recent scratcher, of couse I was hovering around the coinstar too. There was a man that keep feeding his rejected coins back in... I never did get to see what the machine kept spitting back out as he pocketed them finally and left.

I saw an employee (as she walked by) glance into the reject slot. EASY MONEY! :D

Hit two machines today...

First one was a bust. The second one had a guy with about a 2 gallon pail half full dumping away. I made my way slowly around the store and timed it near perfectly. He was just putting the rejects back in as I went to the car. I decided to go back in for a bathroom stop and there were a bunch of people standing around for the customer service desk, which is where the machine is.I took a look and pocketed .37 Canadian and .03 American. No real winners but one penny is noticeably smaller. If it's worthy I'll post about it.
Marty

Back
Top Bottom