My first coinstar score! Woot.

Bonesquat

Elite Member
I went to South Carolina with the parents to pick up a 40 footer diesel pusher RV this weekend. We were heading out of walmart for camper supplies, and I noticed a coinstar sitting by the door. I meandered on over to it, expecting maybe a stray penny in the return at BEST. I never get anything out of these dumb machines. Everyone gets their grubby hands in them before I can check it.

Lo and behold I see a dime in the return slot and pick it up hoping for that glint of shiny silver. SCORE!!! Silver edge, and 1954-D! I did a happy dance right at the wal-mart entrance. My parents got a kick out of that.

Finally back home. :). Also managed a few stray zincolns at truck stops. Found one that's REALLY messed up. Probably run over several hundred times by semis. Even though I didn't manage to get any detecting time in I had a fun mini-vacation.

Attachments

• 54 rosie002.jpg
    54 rosie002.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 54 rosie001.jpg
    54 rosie001.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 618
hahahah I check the one at my grocery store as I walk out, thought I was the only one :)

Congrats on the silver Bonesquat! That's a great score!!!

So far, I have found two wheaties, both trashed, two tokens and a couple of very sticky modern pennies. One of these days, I will find some silver.

Doug

I used to check payphone slots when i was a kid, but i have forgotten all about that till i read your post. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be checking these from now on.

I used to check payphone slots when i was a kid, but i have forgotten all about that till i read your post. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be checking these from now on.

What are payphones? :lol: just kidding, I hardly ever see a payphone anymore, They took probably 99% of them out of my city.

Congrats on the silver score! I always check them, but so far all I have found are clad and foriegn coins. I keep looking. Maybe I will get lucky like you one of these days.

Congrats on the silver score! I always check them, but so far all I have found are clad and foriegn coins. I keep looking. Maybe I will get lucky like you one of these days.

Some of those foreign ones could be silver. :) Thanks everyone for the comments. Sure was nice to net silver even though I've not been hunting the past 4 days or so. Gotta get my detecting on or I'm gonna lose it.

Thanks for the great idea, I was going to try it when I had to take my wife to Wally World this morning as we walked by the machine there was a little girl with her hand in it. Maybe next time.

Nice pick-up! :D

I usually pick the check-out lane closest to the coin-star machine rather than the one with the shortest line!:D

Back
Top Bottom