What would you choose?

WormMurderer

Hey all,

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to either a Whites Matrix M6 or Garrett GTP 1350. I would say my use would be about 90% coin shooting and 10% relic. Through my research, I'm thinking the GTP 1350 would be a better all around machine, while the Whites Matrix M6 would be a better straight up jewelry/coin shooter. Anyone owners of these machines able to help me out, or anyone in the know? Thanks.

Russ

I had a simular question a few weeks ago. It was between the GTI 1500 or the M6. I chose the 1500 because of the great deal that I got and I was already familiar with the 250. The learning curve is non-existant. I believe the control interface is very simular between the 1350 and 1500 and you can literally turn this thing on and figure it out in minutes.

The profiling feature on the 1350 is simular to the imaging feature on the 1500. I thought imaging seemed gimmicky at first but that thing is dead on. Each time I had a solid hit on a quarter or dime but imaging showed it larger than a coin it turned out to be something other than a coin.

I really like the coil on the 1500 which is different from the one on the 1350. It pinpoints like a laser every time. A downside is your arm will fall off after 4 hours. :lol: I don't know what the M6 weighs but it can't be more than a 1350/1500.

targeting profile

I know the 1350 has a targeting profile as well, is it any different then the one on the 1500?

It is in the fact that the 1350 shows targets as small, medium and large with small being a coin size target. The 1500/2500 shows it in a scale A-E (A: Smaller than a coin. B: Coin size C: Pulltab or larger D: Drink can E: Larger than drink can) So I guess the terms profile and imaging are used to explain the level of detail you get. I see the 1350 is coming with a free 10x14 DD coil now so that seems like a sweet deal.

I know there are several M6 users in the forum. Maybe they can share their experiences. I know you can get that monster 12" coil for $50 with the deal that White's has going.

It has been so far. I think you would be happy either way. AS Don said in his post on another thread it reads as far down as I want to dig. LOL
Paul

Good description

I had a simular question a few weeks ago. It was between the GTI 1500 or the M6. I chose the 1500 because of the great deal that I got and I was already familiar with the 250. The learning curve is non-existant. I believe the control interface is very simular between the 1350 and 1500 and you can literally turn this thing on and figure it out in minutes.

The profiling feature on the 1350 is simular to the imaging feature on the 1500. I thought imaging seemed gimmicky at first but that thing is dead on. Each time I had a solid hit on a quarter or dime but imaging showed it larger than a coin it turned out to be something other than a coin.

I really like the coil on the 1500 which is different from the one on the 1350. It pinpoints like a laser every time. A downside is your arm will fall off after 4 hours. :lol: I don't know what the M6 weighs but it can't be more than a 1350/1500.

I liked the way Geodawn explained about the Garrett GTI 1500. Now I understand the value of imaging alittle better. Thanks. If I had imaging on my Ace250 then I would not have dug a hole in my yard big enough to plant a tree into. It would have told me that the find (piece of tin roofing) was too big to be a dollar. Now I have to get some grass seed. I am getting better at learning what not to dig.
Just an update: On my second day out I spent 2hrs and found 3 quarters and a flattened souvinier penny from the Shelburne Museum, and broke my trowel.
Today, my third day, I was off work and spent 6 hours and found 1 quarter, 4 pennies, and 9 pulltabs. I am finding that I have more fun at this if there is no one around but am still having a good time. Too bad there are no MD clubs in Vermont, but I'll bet I can learn just as much right here while reading everyones posts. Thanks..... Dennis

If I had imaging on my Ace250 then I would not have dug a hole in my yard big enough to plant a tree into. It would have told me that the find (piece of tin roofing) was too big to be a dollar. Now I have to get some grass seed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just remember that when you pinpoint with the Ace you can kind of gauge size based on the tone. So if you get a solid tone 2 feet in either direction then odds are its not a quarter. :)

Back
Top Bottom