I need some help IDing these two items

rustynail1

Forum Supporter
I need some help IDing these two items can anyone please help I think one is a tag to a car license plate from 1934 and the other don't think it's authintic but ?

Last edited:
Hey rusty, can you make out the date on that? and what does it say to the left of his head? that would help alot... by the way... great looking find!

Wish I could help.

They sure are very interesting. That coin looks awesome. Good luck.

What's the size of the "coin"? It looks to me like a souveneir or a commemorative bronze casting. Commemorating what, I have no idea yet...

-- Tom

What's the size of the "coin"? It looks to me like a souveneir or a commemorative bronze casting. Commemorating what, I have no idea yet...

-- Tom
It's the size of a quarter

Attachments

• DSCN4719.jpg
    DSCN4719.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,955
I'm not sure what it is, either. But there's one just like it on eBay. Search on "1741" and "coin" and you'll see it. The lettering looks like "Henry" to me. Perhaps it's a commemorative of 200 years since Henry VIII became king of Ireland?

the coin is a toy or at least that is what some forum members told me I dug one about a month ago and searched all over for anything about it I posted it on here and someone well actually a couple of people said that it was from some kind of pirate treasure game from borders books or barnes and noble I tried to find the game but they dont show pics of the coin I do know that they are popping up all over the states. I still don't know if they are or will ever be valuable in any sense of the word

the coin is a toy or at least that is what some forum members told me I dug one about a month ago and searched all over for anything about it I posted it on here and someone well actually a couple of people said that it was from some kind of pirate treasure game from borders books or barnes and noble I tried to find the game but they dont show pics of the coin I do know that they are popping up all over the states. I still don't know if they are or will ever be valuable in any sense of the word

but how are they popping up all over? i found this coin buried deep in the dirt at my house.

but how are they popping up all over? i found this coin buried deep in the dirt at my house.

I found mine in a local park about 1/2 down still in the grass roots the date looks like 1741 but its not really. One guy said a friend gave him one somebody else said his little brother got the game and it was in there I do really wish I know more as I have one but so far that is all the info I can find If I figure out how to post the like to the other thread I will do that as well :?::?::?::?:

I found mine in a local park about 1/2 down still in the grass roots the date looks like 1741 but its not really. One guy said a friend gave him one somebody else said his little brother got the game and it was in there I do really wish I know more as I have one but so far that is all the info I can find If I figure out how to post the like to the other thread I will do that as well :?::?::?::?:

ok so the only thing I know to do is have you go to search and type in 1741 coin and there will be a couple pop up

hey hey, greetings from the netherlands :P

so i found the same coin today, not with a metal detector but in a used iron dumpster(not a real dumpster that would be disgusting^^) at the factory where i work in holland. i was looking all over the internet for this and finally found it using the english word for coin.

so anyways what im saying is this should be an english coin as no matter what i search for i cant find it in any other language/country. must have arrived here with some travellers. also there was only one coin in the iron dumpster so if it was from a game i reckon there should have been more in it.

maybe it will clear something up but im still not sure what it is or what its for.

regards

It looks like a Portugese escudo coin to me, I have a few with the same style ship on the back. Check out Portugese coins..............

Back
Top Bottom