F2 and air test ?? Looking for a past post

hssea

I just recv'd my F2 last week and remember seeing a list of the metal and the number it gives off (sorry I don't remember what those number are called). I can't find that past post but believe it was referred to as an air test. I'm wondering in a really trashy area that has a potential for silver which metal can I delete on the F2 without eliminating any possible silver. I usually only last several holes in hard digging ground before my wrist hurts and then I'm not so thrilled about digging up pulltabs and nails...lol

I just recv'd my F2 last week and remember seeing a list of the metal and the number it gives off (sorry I don't remember what those number are called). I can't find that past post but believe it was referred to as an air test. I'm wondering in a really trashy area that has a potential for silver which metal can I delete on the F2 without eliminating any possible silver. I usually only last several holes in hard digging ground before my wrist hurts and then I'm not so thrilled about digging up pulltabs and nails...lol

Just hit the top button on the right and knock out everything till all you have left will be the last 2 notches on the right.
These can't be notched out.
they will be the dime and the quarter slots.

You should pick up copper pennies, clad from dimes on up, all silver and sorry to say, some bigger pieces of aluminum, like cans, fence parts and other aluminum junk.
Probably some pop tops, too, and some steel.
You will be digging some trash, you just can't avoid it, but not pull tab and small foil trash.
I was at an old school a few weeks ago and got many dime signals.
A few were dimes, most were these stupid weird nails...

nail.jpg

Lift the coil higher and if you still get a strong signal with it raised pretty high it won't be a coin.

Silver anything should come up as 70 or 71 and up depending on the size.
With my 8" coil I get
Copper 64-68
Dimes 68-73
Quarters 78-83 and so on.

Good luck.

Attachments

• f2aircoin.jpg
    f2aircoin.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 176
  • rings f2 air.jpg
    rings f2 air.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 164
Don't start in trashy ground, you'll drive yourself insane! :lol: On the F2, and most machines other than e-trac, as far as I know, silver will sound the same as canslaw, cans, large bottle caps, large bits of trash metal, etc...

F2 is a GREAT machine. Personally, I don't discriminate out anything, because the heads of iron nails can spike up in the dime range. However, it will fluctuate between dime, tab and iron. So if you've discriminated out iron, you wouldn't know that and probably dig it and get frustrated.

Start in all metal and dig steady repeating signals. (not iron). You still want to hear the iron, doesn't mean you have to dig it.

Generally, on F2 , it should tell you for the most part on the ID screen tab, nickel, iron, dime and quarter etc... copper pennies are in the dime range, zinc pennies are zinc. INDIANS are zinc (but they can bounce around a lot). Depending on the ground your digging in, the ID on the F2 is pretty much spot on. Silver is always in the dime and quarter range. Gold could be anywhere up to zinc depending on the size and karat. :research:

Just hit the top button on the right and knock out everything till all you have left will be the last 2 notches on the right.
These can't be notched out.
they will be the dime and the quarter slots.

You should pick up copper pennies, clad from dimes on up, all silver and sorry to say, some bigger pieces of aluminum, like cans, fence parts and other aluminum junk.

Lift the coil higher and if you still get a strong signal with it raised pretty high it won't be a coin.

Silver anything should come up as 70 or 71 and up depending on the size.
With my 8" coil I get
Copper 64-68
Dimes 68-73
Quarters 78-83 and so on.

Good luck.

Ah, my favorite chart. :yes:

Ah, my favorite chart. :yes:

I notice up until dimes I get the same as Mike's air test with his 10" coil.

After that, my numbers come in slightly different with my 8".
On that quarter, anyway.
I never have quarters, clad or silver, come up anything except 78-83 on mine.
I have those other top coins too.
I will do an air test of my own one day.

I notice up until dimes I get the same as Mike's air test with his 10" coil.

After that, my numbers come in slightly different with my 8".
On that quarter, anyway.
I never have quarters, clad or silver, come up anything except 78-83 on mine.
I have those other top coins too.
I will do an air test of my own one day.

Yeah, I agree according to air test, unless there is a second object obstructing the target.

Strange thing - the other day I had a copper penny ring as zinc but not steady repeating. It bounced a bit and I figured it would be zinc, IH, or trash. It turned out to be a 31 wheat and never spiked up to dime. :?: I re-scanned and couldn't find any other targets. Almost didn't dig it.

I beat you.
I had a solid tone in the mid 60's once.
Repeated all over...every wing....solid.
It was a nickel, and nothing else in the vicinity.
Dumbfounded.

I just dig it all.

lol, yup, my buff was supposed to be a zinc, but my yard's so full of junk I can't rule out other targets... didn't find any though after re-scanning.

I just play these things down and as exceptions and try not to think about them. :whistle:

Thanks everyone for the information. Yes, that is the "chart" I was looking for. I also seem to get a lot a one non-repeating tones but I don't dig unless it's a repeating sound. So far I'm liking the F2, my pinpointing is very good with it.

Back
Top Bottom