Nothing against this forum

skrimpy

I'm a member of several forums including this one, which I do not visit often but I was wondering if any of you guys (I know some of you visit treasurenet too) know what is up with treasurenet??? I visited the facebook page to find out what is wrong with the web site and there is a hacker going after t-net site and it seems he has turned the facebook page against us too. It also seems that he isn't only targeting treasurenet and their facebook page but any treasure hunting forums he can. Anyone got a clue if this forum or t-net are getting a hold of this guy?

Dan

I'm a Mod at dodgeforum.com - - we've had several attacks in the last few months, mostly from China based websites....

Dusty

When I tried to access the Treasurenet Forum I got the following message:

We're Sorry. The forum is offline due to technical difficulties. We are working on the problem. Thank you for your patience.​

never heard of any of those sites. but id rather stay in here. its the first site I found. and I'm going to stick to this one.

Welcome

I am a memeber as well of multiple metal detecting sites. Been having troubles myself getting onto the TreasureNet site as well. But this is my fav site and just wanted to welcome you. We are friendly here so stick around and dont be a stranger. :D
Happy Hunting Everyone

I'm a member of several forums including this one, which I do not visit often but I was wondering if any of you guys (I know some of you visit treasurenet too) know what is up with treasurenet??? I visited the facebook page to find out what is wrong with the web site and there is a hacker going after t-net site and it seems he has turned the facebook page against us too. It also seems that he isn't only targeting treasurenet and their facebook page but any treasure hunting forums he can. Anyone got a clue if this forum or t-net are getting a hold of this guy?

Dan

We were hacked in the past and it took quite a while to get it back...

What is the motivation for hacking a MD forum? What is to gain? :?:

To sell the domain... our hacker was from vietnam he wanted it bad... we found where he was trying to sell it and got the process stopped...

My website designer showed me a site one time that showed every site that was hacked by min., day year etc. It was so amazing the amount of sites that get hacked every second! Alot of time they don't do any damage just screwing around changing colors or titles etc. Sometimes they can do some major damage if not fixed fast. Alot of times it is a huge pain in the arse to fix their damage. Hats off to all the people that keep our data safe on this website!! Alot of them steal passwords emails etc. Always a good idea to change your pass. frequently and use a email separate from your personal email just in case

When I tried to access the Treasurenet Forum I got the following message:

We're Sorry. The forum is offline due to technical difficulties. We are working on the problem. Thank you for your patience.​

Hi there. I'm a mod over there. There certainly are some unstable people out there but the problem was/is not a hacker. There was a hardware failure at the ISP and it is being worked on as we speak.

Happy hunting to all.

Hi, I really got into this hobby with the help of everyone at TreasureNet. I appreciate them a lot. I'm glad I found this one too and worried about info stored on T-Net...
I see a lot of familiar names here and that has made this small transition easier. I noticed too there are a few more people from New England here which is encouraging!
I hope everything turns out ok over there.

Hi there. I'm a mod over there. There certainly are some unstable people out there but the problem was/is not a hacker. There was a hardware failure at the ISP and it is being worked on as we speak.

Happy hunting to all.

hiya Diggin....thanks for letting us know....very glad its not a hacker...didn't want to go through that one again.

*waves hi to Bev*

Back
Top Bottom