The best clad 59 cents...ever!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Know why this is a picture of the most beautiful clad there is?
Cause it's the first clad I ever found!
Probably not a big deal to most of you, but I am a real happy camper right now. (Insert image of happy dance, here).

I have just gone out a few times for just a few minutes so far but found trash and no coins. I even dug a few holes that had nothing, or at least I couldn't find the target, try as I might.
Plus, I am not real good at zeroing in on targets, yet.
My machine is just a basic Bounty Hunter and soon I will have a better one but that is a few weeks away so I knew the next thing I needed was a hand held pin pointer. I see a Pro Pointer in my future but not right at this moment.

So I happened to be reading the forums, and I happened to come across people talking about a cheap one from Harbor Freight, and they happened to give some opinions about how the thing actually works, and they talk about how the cheap button will break in about 3-5 seconds but is an easy fix, and I happened to have a store right here in my little town, and I also happened to have some time off today and I happened to find myself at that very store buying one of those suckers!
$16.99. WooHoo!
Funny how life works out sometimes, doesn't it?

The upshot is, the thing actually does work! True, I have nothing to compare it against, but I have watched a ton of videos and I see how the good ones do it and all I want to say is this thing did everything I needed it to do today to help me find my targets.
I dug one plug and got a piece of tin and I was about to close the plug but I used the pointer to rescan the dirt (always rescan your holes...I learned that from you guys), and I found a penny I had missed.

I'm liking this thing.
And after about two hours the switch even started to mess up, just as foretold.

No biggy, I am handy.

So the first picture is of the booty, a joy to behold!
The other is the trash from my first real hunting session.
Some firsts, here also...My first die-cast piece of whatever the hell that thing is on the lower right.
A toy truck or train part, I guess.

And in the middle...my first pull-tab!

Boy, I hope I never have to dig another one of those things for the next few decades of my new hobby. (HA!)

I am going to start keeping track of this stuff:

Pin-pointer--$16.99
-Treasure----$.59=
$16.40 and going down!

Happy Hunting Y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 492
  • trash 1.jpg
    trash 1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Nice going,congrats,better finds will follow just keep going the more you go the better it gets,good luck and HH

I'm having flashbacks... my MD world changed tremendously with my first pinpointer!

Congrats on your first treasure! :D

emdees

Digging the pull-tabs

If you do your forum reading, you will find out that you have to dig the junk to find the gold. My motto for the coming season is 'Dig everything'. I'm going to start a recycle bucket in the garage and my coin jar in the house and see which one fills up first. Unfortunately I think I already know the answer to that one. : ( Good Luck on future hunts!

nice going, bounty hunters have found tons of coins and jewelry, you just have to learn what it's telling you it's seeing. For example I'm using my Dad's Quickdraw II right now. the ground is fairly wet and almost all the dimes I found kept bouncing from dime to quarter, and quarters, 25 cent to half dollar. Once it dries out the readings will be more stable. Keep it up, you'll find tons.

Congrats on you finds. As with all MDs, there is a learning process you have to go through and then it is easier finding the treasure ;)

I bought a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver off Amazon for my son's birthday in January and couldn't be more pleased. We've been going out every weekend since then and he's found over $5 (face value) in coins and is loving it. His very first coin was a '43 Washington in our back yard and he's also found 3 wheats. He's totally hooked.

I also bought him the Harbor Freight pinpointer and have to say it's been well worth the $16. A lot of his finds have been barely below the surface and the pinpointer has eliminated a lot of senseless digging.

Good luck to you and enjoy the trip!

Nice finds! I've got a bounty hunter detector as well, and I can tell you the more time you spend the better you'll get at with it. Turn the sensitivity way down and eliminate iron and see what you get. You won't pick up as much, but you'll understand it better. After that bump up the sensitivity to two bars and relearn it again and you'll start hitting deeper targets. Keep at it and good luck!

Nice Going!
Now ya know you have to frame and hang your first coin.
Its tradition.
Good luck Out There.

Welcome to the forum. Even after 40 years of detecting, I still appreciate the excitement of finding your first "treasure". If you fall in love with the hobby these things never get old. Congratulations, and may you continue to be successful with your hunts. Those "firsts" will keep you going and the silver and gold will get you hooked forever!!:yes: Best of luck!!!

Keep at it !! The more familiar you are with your detector the more you will find. Put yourself in some target rich environments at first like a school yard or tot lot and you will be able to find more coins than you can shake a stick at. If your detector does not have a built in pinpoint mode, practice x-ing your targets by burying a couple in your yard. You will get more accurate and quicker with your recoveries. My first detector was a bottom line Garrett that had limited range and no pinpoint mode but after some practice, I could do pretty well. I still have my old Garrett and my kids use it now if they go hunting with me.

The cen-tech pin pointer can be changed to get better depth with a piece of metal , just place it at the very top and push the button, slide it down til it goes off then release the button . Also keep the reciept the replace for 90 days no questions asked.

Congratulations on your finds.
I can remember the thrill of finding my first coins. Pretty cool.
Best of luck
Frog

nice going, bounty hunters have found tons of coins and jewelry, you just have to learn what it's telling you it's seeing. For example I'm using my Dad's Quickdraw II right now. the ground is fairly wet and almost all the dimes I found kept bouncing from dime to quarter, and quarters, 25 cent to half dollar. Once it dries out the readings will be more stable. Keep it up, you'll find tons.

No doubt - Bounty Hunters are more than capable finding the goods. My first detector ever was a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, and I pulled a metric ton of coinage out of the ground with that thing.

Back
Top Bottom