Mystery Coin

beachclad

I found this coin a few days ago in the nickel range. SE Florida beach.

It's primitive looking. With an uneven rim, almost like if cast by hand.

Probably a token of some sort. Not much to go off of with its current condition, but I can make out a grid on one side, 3x3, with maybe letters in each square? The other side has an outline of what looks to me like a figure holding a trident.

"Front"

mysterycoin2.jpg

"Back"

mysterycoin1.jpg

What size and kind of metal do you think?
If lead it makes me think of a seal

What size and kind of metal do you think?
If lead it makes me think of a seal

Same size and thickness of a quarter. Similar weight.

Not an expert on metals at all, but the target ID on my ACE 300 is a steady 51-52, which is in the pull-tab range, so the coin may be aluminum. I guess it could also be nickel.

I recognize it, but can't remember what it was exactly. @#$%

Had something to do with believes of witchcraft and wizzards and such if my mind works well? Special calender or something?
I will think hard and search some, and if i remind it i will yell again.

I found another one yesterday. This one in better condition.

I had to get the lighting and camera angle just right to bring out the surface details.

It's the same size as a quarter. Soft metal.

mysterycoin2.jpg

mysterycoin3.jpg

Had something to do with believes of witchcraft and wizzards and such if my mind works well? Special calender or something?

It isn't a coin. It is token. That square is a magic square where all numbers in a row or column all add up to the same value.

I also recognize this coin but can't quite remember what it is. My recollection is that it is from India (or Cambodia maybe) and has something to do with one of their Gods and they use the coin for offerings.

No junk for sure. How dare you say :p :D (just kiddin')

At least more then interesting, distinct and nice enough to keep. :thumbsup:

An be patience. Can take some time but i am almost sure you eventually get an answer what/which it is. That's how it almost always goes. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom