72 year old Lady Liberty smiled at me today...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
...so when I found her I smiled back!
An especially big smile too because I had a new idea about the weird target behavior in my iron infested mineralized soil, changed my rules a bit on what to look for and what to dig and it works.
This was in a private lawn where I am sure I got this not so great signal before but dismissed it...those days are over.
This will open up my especially challenging sites a bit more I think.

The coin was at about 5", the hole I dug was small no more than 3" wide.
She had two buddies down there with her, close to her, protecting her, hiding her.
Under my old rules it worked well for them, under my new rules it didn't and won't anymore.

This is why I constantly mess with settings, experiment and try to learn new things about target behavior...you never know what can lead you to the promised land until you try.
I wasn't too bad at this stuff before but today I got better.

Attachments

• user10659_pic74837_1491778560.jpg
    user10659_pic74837_1491778560.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 208
  • user10659_pic74838_1491778560.jpg
    user10659_pic74838_1491778560.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
...so when I found her I smiled back!
An especially big smile too because I had a new idea about the weird target behavior in my iron infested mineralized soil, changed my rules a bit on what to look for and what to dig and it works.
This was in a private lawn where I am sure I got this not so great signal before but dismissed it...those days are over.
This will open up my especially challenging sites a bit more I think.

The coin was at about 5", the hole I dug was small no more than 3" wide.
She had two buddies down there with here, close to her, protecting her, hiding her.
Under my old rules it worked well for them, under my new rules it didn't and won't anymore.

This is why I constantly mess with settings, experiment and try to learn new things about target behavior...you never know what can lead you to the promised land until you try.
I wasn't too bad at this stuff before but today I got better.
Its worth a smile for sure. :D

These Explorer's are good at

Sniffing out Silver around iron if you hit them at the right angle... WTG. That's why park are never hunted out.

Philo

What did you change in your protocols? What do you hunt with?

Oldest coin- 1958 Wheatie

Congrats on pulling a Merc out of the Murky depths of eternal dirt darkness ....

Thanks all...it is fun when you learn something new that you know will pay dividends up the road.

What did you change in your protocols? What do you hunt with?

Oldest coin- 1958 Wheatie

I mostly use the amazing F70, among others, soon to be reissued at a lower price with a new name...The Patriot.

I hunt in Alabama with that mineralized red clay and everywhere you go in most places in this country there is iron...but here in the city proper at many of my sites there is an uncommon ridiculous amount of extra helpings of it.
I had to learn a whole new language to hunt successfully here, new indicators, numbers and target behavior patterns because past 3-4" or so things just get weird in this devil dirt.
With all this iron even shallow targets could act strange sometimes.
I did that and got pretty deep and found great bucket list item that have been masked and missed for decades in public sites....but you can always get better.
For me the learning never ends and that is actually a big part of the fun for me in this hobby.

Another thing I love to do is share what I learn, it might just help someone else out which is my way of paying it forward.
All the info about what I changed and learned recently is here....
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=245710

Back
Top Bottom