Turned the Impact detector loose today

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Hunted a site I had hunted some 5 years ago.

I remembered one part of this site was hard to detect due to iron and trash.

Used small coil exclusively and hunted this same area hard today.
Up close to well house,,the dime was found.

Some of these things,,I don't know what they are.
I have dug one of the triangular things before somewhere though.
May give this site another go,,,talking with the gent who has the property rented for cattle,,I got some new Intel today. I didn't know a trailer had set on this spot,,,he don't remember an old house,,,but the dime I don' t think was lost when the trailer was setting here.
Safety pin was an incidental dig,,while digging one of the coins.
I'm thinking old house set behind well,,based on what I heard today.

Congrats on the barber. I'm thinking the triangular piece is from a pair of braces (or three point suspenders)

Thanks folks
Seems temps are back to normal at least for a while.
Glad they cooled off,,,,weeds and grass here liables to get on the move,,and it's too early for that.

Best time of year here for me to hunt.

Congrats. So did you hit this site prior with your CTX or just the Impact if I may ask

Site was hit approx 5 years ago with Etrac wearing a 10x12 SEF coil.

See the bigger round thing in the pic.
It was sitting awfully close to barber dime.
And iron was on the other side of the dime as well.
But I detected and dug the dime first,,then the bigger round thingy today.

I very well may have swept the dime 5 years ago and latched onto the bigger item,,,and the signal and pinpoint presentation may have told me then like a can or something.
Or the iron nearby may have nulled the Etrac,,,all this here only speculation.
All the targets dug,,,were engulfed in iron,,,this going by what I heard today using Impact.

I thought finding a coin close to,,very near,,maybe even under the safet pin,,was surprising.
Safety pin shape should be a pretty big masker,,one would think.
The dime too,,it was pretty close to well house,,I really don't know if a 10x12 SEF coil could have been centered enough to get over the dime and get a worthy signal.

I do know the area (more in the open),, I put the Etrac over this place pretty good,,,but I did get almost constant nulling,,,even tried 2tf and evidently didn't find some of these coins.

Best I remember my first hunt here with Etrac yielded 4 wheaties,,no silver or nickels.

One of the reasons I went back here.

Back
Top Bottom