Took a ride to the barber in Carson City!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone hope all is well! Well it was a short weekend because last night it was right around freezing and snowing so these finds are from a short hunt Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. Thursday produced no silver but I did manage a 1868 shield nickel (3rd from this site) plus a beautiful 1865 injun. Friday night met up with bottlecapking and hit the war nickel and two injuns (one a semi key 1875). Saturday night was the most productive. Found a spot that had not been scanned very well and I first pulled the barber out. About 15 feet from the barber was the seated. Looks like it was hit by a bulldozer or something but I'm happy to get my first CC. Totals were 15 wheats and 5 injuns and 3 silver coins. Got some pretty cool relics as well. It seems everyone who hit this place before us did a good job getting all the big silver. I can't imagine the kind of coins that came from here in the past. I also added pics of a small pin that appears to have some kind of a rifle on it? If anyone has info or has seen one, that would be awesome. As always thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Friday night was a true to form Jeff hunt. I had been there for a couple of hours and had managed only a couple of wheats. He shows up, turns his machine on, touches the coil to the ground and exclaims, "Fatty!"

I am only slightly bitter ;) He always picks better ground than I do.

I love that indian. that is in such great shape. Glad you found those two dimes Saturday night. It now opens a new area on the map for us where we know silver is! :)

Oh, and that V I found is 1883.

Totally Awesome

WOW what a great collection of finds you got there. Congratulations on three great hunts. Mmmmmmmmmm I'm wondering if you were actually hunting in Carson City, Nevada?
HH everyone

Some great finds there. Congrats on your first seated.
Thank you ! It was my first seated with the C.C.
Not his first seated. I think it is his first with CC mint. This is the second seated he pulled out of this site.
Correction it is the 3rd seated from this site :D
Friday night was a true to form Jeff hunt. I had been there for a couple of hours and had managed only a couple of wheats. He shows up, turns his machine on, touches the coil to the ground and exclaims, "Fatty!"

I am only slightly bitter ;) He always picks better ground than I do.

I love that indian. that is in such great shape. Glad you found those two dimes Saturday night. It now opens a new area on the map for us where we know silver is! :)

Oh, and that V I found is 1883.
Thanks buddy and congrats on that V! Not only your first but a nice early one too!
WOW what a great collection of finds you got there. Congratulations on three great hunts. Mmmmmmmmmm I'm wondering if you were actually hunting in Carson City, Nevada?
HH everyone
Thanks! That reminds me, I need a vacation :lol:
Very nice hunts!! Congrats on some great finds!
Thanks a lot!

Wow, some great oldies you got there, the seated is rare enuff to find but a Carson City in Massachusetts that's a special one. Great hunts Jeff, Congrats!!

Super hunt...... all nice coins
Thank you!
Right. Three. Now I can feel more slightly-bitter ;)
Ok all jokes aside, where's the cookies?!?!? Haha
Congrats on a great hunt!!
Thanks so much!
Great Finds. Congratulations.
Thanks!
Wow, some great oldies you got there, the seated is rare enuff to find but a Carson City in Massachusetts that's a special one. Great hunts Jeff, Congrats!!
Thanks bud ! It sure is a long way from home. Some finds you forget where they came from this will never be forgotten , she's not very pretty but means a lot to me thanks for looking!

Care to say what machine you have besides the XS Cellr? No pressure,just curious. Whatever it is it's sure putting a spanking on wherever you go! Great collection pictured here....you ought to be proud of yourself,I'm sure it's been hard work and considerable time.

Care to say what machine you have besides the XS Cellr? No pressure,just curious. Whatever it is it's sure putting a spanking on wherever you go! Great collection pictured here....you ought to be proud of yourself,I'm sure it's been hard work and considerable time.
These were all found with the XS. Most are around 5" but some can be up to 8". I've spent quite a bit of time here and i dig almost everything, thanks for looking bud!
Awesome haul, some nice old coins! :yes:
Thanks so much!

Nice finds Cellr! I'm jealous of that CC. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from CC. I like to imagine there are a ton of CC's in the ground out here.

Back
Top Bottom