I'm not worthy......Unbelievable first hour with the new Deus....3-center pocket spill & Eagle I button

The Wolf

Elite Member
My 4yr old was bored once again, so I took him digging. We went back to the old 1750s church down the road where we had some good luck in the past. I had no idea what luck was waiting for us there today....

I just got a new Deus in the mail a few days ago and decided to take her on a maiden voyage. This spot is littered with nails and big iron. Prefect situation for the Deus to shine. I've been over this area a few times with the F75-LTD2 and AT Pro, both with small sniper coils. Last time at this spot I scored a 179? Draped Bust LC.

Concentrating on the same area, I power up the Deus and get to it. I get a repeatable high tone, but too deep for the VDI to display. It sounds good in every direction, so I give it a whirl. And BAM! An Eagle I Infantry cuff button in amazing condition. Here lately all the buttons I've been finding have been toast, but this one survived in the sandy soil.

Just a few fwet away, I get this wierd double beep. One beep in the mid 70s and the other in the 80s, both solid high tones. Cut the plug, one scoop, two scoops, then I saw it laying there, a tiny little coin. Smaller than a penny, but thin and copper. Picked it up thinking some sort of modern foreign thing-a-ma-jig. Rubbed the dirt and saw a Roman numeral III and all the details staring back at me....

At this exact moment, I was stuck in time, between knowing what it was and wondering what it could be. I've found silver 3-cent Trimes before, but never a copper....I didn't even know they existed. 1865 3-cent piece in great shape. Astounding!

My pause of excitement was short lived when I remembered that there was another beep in the hole. Scaneed the hole and sure enough, there was another target off to the side in the excavated soil. I grabbed the pinpointer and located this even smaller, even thinner coin sized object with a light silver, greenish hue to it. Oh baby! I wondered what it could be to share the soil with a copper 3-cent piece for so many years...Then it revealed itself with another glimpse of a Roman III, this time with a star and shield on the obverse. An 1851 silver 3-cent Trime, in super shape and totally legible.

Wow, just wow! A 3-cent pocket spill and an Eagle I cuff in an hour, first day with a new machine, at a spot I've hunted several times. Just don't get days like that often enough folks. Just had to share my story. Thanks for reading and keep a lookout for the video.

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 2015-12-20 17.23.59.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.23.59.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 631
  • 2015-12-20 17.23.44.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.23.44.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 626
  • 2015-12-20 17.24.23.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.24.23.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 733
  • 2015-12-20 17.24.40.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.24.40.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 733
  • 2015-12-20 17.25.02.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.25.02.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 640
  • 2015-12-20 17.25.33.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.25.33.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 639
  • 2015-12-20 17.25.51.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.25.51.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 632
  • 2015-12-20 17.26.07.jpg
    2015-12-20 17.26.07.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 646
Some nice digging today. Nice cuff button is in better shape than the cuff button I dug today. Great job.

Wooow very nice! Either three cent is a bucket list for a lot of folks, and here they both are in one hole. The 3 cent nickel is particular is a rare find. The size and composition makes them hard to pick up, and I rarely see them posted. Wtg!!!

Holy cr@p that's awesome bud !

Lol. Thanks Scott. I was gonna text you today and let you know I'm back kicking it with the Deus. I got some new programs I'm trying out. I was running one today when I found this stuff. I'll give you a shout and share them.

Some nice digging today. Nice cuff button is in better shape than the cuff button I dug today. Great job.

Thanks man! The buttons are getting harder to find in decent shape these days. Makes me appreciate them even more when I score an intact one.

Goodness gracious Wolf!!!!!!!!!! Two Trimes in one hole!!!! WOW what else can I say! I didn't know they made a nickel Trime either... so there you go, your GREAT hunt just added another to my bucket list. Can't wait to see the video. I'll say it again... WOW!!!!!!!!

Yes you are worthy buddy. Nice finds. The later three cent coins are made of nickel buddy.

Thanks Tim. Wonder why they changed the coin from silver to nickel. Maybe due to shortage of resources during the war?

I love finding coins with Civil War dates! HH bud

Wooow very nice! Either three cent is a bucket list for a lot of folks, and here they both are in one hole. The 3 cent nickel is particular is a rare find. The size and composition makes them hard to pick up, and I rarely see them posted. Wtg!!!

Thanks Tony. Can't remember if I've seen one posted. I knew it had to be not a very common coin when I had no idea what it was sticking out of the dirt. HH

Awesome finds and on its maiden voyage. Grats

Yessir! Thanks

Wow what a day you had. I would be all smiles for a few days after a hint like that.

Yeah, I'll have the video up in a day or so. I was smiling for days. Thank you

That is just incredible!
3-cent nickel, actually made of nickel:yes:

Thanks! Definately interesting composition on this coin

Sweet finds. Definetly a confidence bust in the new machine.

Oh yes indeed. This one is here to stay. Its so shiny and new i felt bad getting it dirty today. Had to clean it as soon as i got home. Lol

Way to go Mike!!!!!! Loving it

Thanks Joe. Still looking forward to that meet and greet brother. One of these days when you're up in Fburg with Reb, give me a holler. If I'm available I'll ride up there and hang with yall. HH homie

Goodness gracious Wolf!!!!!!!!!! Two Trimes in one hole!!!! WOW what else can I say! I didn't know they made a nickel Trime either... so there you go, your GREAT hunt just added another to my bucket list. Can't wait to see the video. I'll say it again... WOW!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks dude. Funny, just this morning I was commenting on another post where someone recently dug a Trime. Then looked back to a post last year where you and I were talking about the differences in the two varieties of the silver ones we had found. Then a couple hrs later I go and dig two. Lol. I'm still on cloud 9

Yeah, i had no clue they made a nickle one. Super stoked bro.

Video should be up tomorrow. I'm getting back into filming the hunts. Just takes so much time to render and edit, but worth it. This one's gonna be special cause I got my son digging with me. He had a blast.

Back
Top Bottom