Newbie from Florida! - Introduction

Nightingale

Hey folks! :D

My name is Wyatt, I'm 25 and currently living in Venice, Florida with relatives.

I've been interested in metal detecting since I was a little kid but I never got to actually try it. Recently I've been watching a lot of videos on metal detecting such as Beau Ouimette (whom ive talked to over youtube comments) and some others and it has rekindled my interest in something I've always wanted to do.

I finally acquired the funds I needed to buy a decent detector recently so I started researching the hobby. Through a combination of my own internet research and some friends of the family who do it often- I eventually made up my mind and purchased a detector. Realizing that I would eventually need more advice, I thought it would be prudent to join a detecting forum and thus here I am!

The detector I purchased is the XP Deus, it will be arriving in the mail tomorrow. I plan to be detecting in many areas: The beach and the surrounding shallow water (probably no more than 10 feet), parks, rivers, fields and everywhere else I can think of. I did a massive amount of research to narrow down the best detector for me and I think that I've found it.

I've slowly begun organizing and deciding what supplies I will need to detect (besides the detector itself of course). I have VERY little right now as im trying to find the right tools for as cheap as I can get them. I'll spend more if I have to, but the detector itself was quite the investment so I'm being a bit careful.

Im currently looking for: a good pinpointer (hopefully the new Garret Pinpointer AT), a stainless steel scoop (for salt water beaches), and a shovel and trowel for land use.

I would VERY much appreciate advice on good equipment to buy, especially concering things like gloves, clothing (pants in particular), water shoes, and relic bags (I cant decide on one!)

I would also relish the opportunity to get in contact with some local detectors here in Venice, so if anyone knows of a good way to point me in their direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm excited to join this new hobby and I think it's something that I'll be sinking a lot of time into. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with you fine people and hopefully getting some good tips from veterans of the sport if I can. I've read a number of the stickies on the main forum page to prepare, and they were very helpful. Thanks very much and I cant wait to see you on the field!

-W

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma. Once you start finding stuff be sure to post your finds, we all love to see what other members dig up!

Welcome from Lafayette Indiana! Beau Ouimette is one of my favorites and I never miss a video! The guy could find treasure in a dry bathtub! :laughing: Plenty of knowledge and advice here (wanted and unwanted)! Boiler-UP

Welcome from Lafayette Indiana! Beau Ouimette is one of my favorites and I never miss a video! The guy could find treasure in a dry bathtub! :laughing: Plenty of knowledge and advice here (wanted and unwanted)! Boiler-UP

Thank ya kindly! Yeah Beau has a real nack for the things he does - and he does so many things, that guy really gets around! Thanks for the support :D

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!

10401988_10154204705420635_270724908735960456_n.jpg

Welcome from Wisconsin, I'm 19 (20 in a few months) with an AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer and a BucketBoss tool belt as a tool holder/finds pouch. Nice to see more people my age getting into this hobby, I wish you good luck with your new machine and look forward to seeing what you find! :yes:

Welcome from England.

Me + Deus on the beach in Venice last year.......Doug

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom