low gold or junk ring ?

Rammjäger

Elite Member
I found this ring at a path in the woods.
The seal shows a "333" ,but the ring looks really junky :roll:

Attachments

• sello 1.jpg
    sello 1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 446
  • sello 2.jpg
    sello 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 429
  • sello 3.jpg
    sello 3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 438
  • sello 4.jpg
    sello 4.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 443
Low gold content. Apparently 333 gold was typically sold in Germany. I think these days in Europe lowest gold content is 375.

Voriax

Low gold content. Apparently 333 gold was typically sold in Germany. I think these days in Europe lowest gold content is 375.

Voriax

Thanks Voriax,
I see here bronze,copper but not a trace of gold :lol:

.333X24k=8k Common in UK and Australia and some European countries. I recently found a .333 wedding band and did some research. Plenty of info on the web. It may also be an 8k plated ring depending on any other stamping. Low gold content allows the other alloy metals to degrade. If it is not plated you should be able to polish it but may still have pitting on the surface.

.333X24k=8k Common in UK and Australia and some European countries. I recently found a .333 wedding band and did some research. Plenty of info on the web. It may also be an 8k plated ring depending on any other stamping. Low gold content allows the other alloy metals to degrade. If it is not plated you should be able to polish it but may still have pitting on the surface.

Thanks for the input .
I guess it is (or better said) it was plated ,for what I see in the inside.
I will try to polish it a little bit and see what comes out ;)
The edges are somewhat shiny,like silver ..

Germany is one of the few countries that consider 8k real gold.
Here it is 10k or better, in some countries like Asia even 14k could be considered junk gold.

I found a salesman's sample class ring last year that was marked 14k but in reality was under 10k...probably 8k.
I was on a great quest for gold back then but this one I couldn't consider in my gold totals.
If ARA won't take it I don't count it.

Double posting about 333 ring.

I'm sorry- this was a double posting:Perhaps one of the mods can
fix/delete the older thread -thanks

Back
Top Bottom