need a saltwater machine at under $900.

gottone

Im between a Tesoro Sand Shark and a Garrett Sea Hunt mark II. I will be in less that 10 ft along the beaches of Florida my main objective are big money Items gold, silver I currently own a Garret ace 250 for coins and dry sand hunting.

I just cannot make up my mind on which and am looking for some advice to pull the trigger.

I will also be needing a scoop or sifter for that environment.

Thanx.

Of those 2, Sea Hunter no doubt. I own it's big brother the Infinium, and the Infinium performs way better than my Sand Shark ever did, I imagine the Sea Hunter would be similar.

You can get a CZ21 new for around $900 shipped though if you call and ask a sponsor... which would be my first choice for a first beach detector.

PIs can be painful and/or down right unusable on trashy beaches, but on Florida beaches you should be alright with a PI if you go that way.

Last edited:
Of those 2, Sea Hunter no doubt. I own it's big brother the Infinium, and the Infinium performs way better than my Sand Shark ever did, I imagine the Sea Hunter would be similar.

You can get a CZ21 new for around $900 shipped though if you call and ask a sponsor... which would be my first choice for a first beach detector.

PIs can be painful and/or down right unusable on trashy beaches, but on Florida beaches you should be alright with a PI if you go that way.

100% of what Crumble said except I own a Sea Hunter, but prefer the CZ 21 like he said.

I am in the same boat...

My hunting will be in salt water and wet sand. I am making the exact same decision right now. I just got some money to make a purchase. I have been researching the same two machines for some time. I am leaning toward the Sand Shark. Terry Soloman swears by it and it is about $50 less than the Sea Hunter. I don't know about the hardwire deal but I haven't heard any complaints. I guess if you didn't like the headphones you'd be stuck. With the Sea Hunter you can change coils and phones. I still like the Tesoro. Let me know what you decided and why.

Im between a Tesoro Sand Shark and a Garrett Sea Hunt mark II. I will be in less that 10 ft along the beaches of Florida my main objective are big money Items gold, silver I currently own a Garret ace 250 for coins and dry sand hunting.

I just cannot make up my mind on which and am looking for some advice to pull the trigger.

I will also be needing a scoop or sifter for that environment.

Thanx.

Terry Soloman should NOT be your deciding factor. He is a "sponsored" spokesman for Tesoro. Do your research and compare all of the machines and not one persons opinion.

If you want an opinion as to the two machine, the Sea Hunter has changeable coils, the sand shark does not. The 14 inch coil is nice and covers 1.5X the beach as a Sand Shark. The Sea Hunter also has changeable, upgradeable headphones, the other does not. Garrett doesn't need to keep saying "lifetime warranty" over and over, they just stand behind their machines over and over and usually at no cost. The depth is just as good if not better than the SS and the Sea Hunter was used by Mel Fisher to discover the $400 million dollar Achoia Spanish Treasure Ship. The Mel Fisher company still uses Sea Hunter and not Sand Sharks. That is the professional detector owners that I made my decision on. However my opinion is factual, :lol:

I'm still considering the Garrett. When I do a google for "Sand Shark vs Sea Hunter" I seem to get more reviews favoring the Tesoro over the Garrett (Terry Soloman excluded..:grin:) That is a reason for leaning towards the SS. Is the SH really a better machine then the SS? I do like the changeable coils and headphones for the SH.

What to do....................................

I sent you a pm, will post here as well. Dude, go with a good performing discriminating machine. Minelab or Fisher. Fisher, CZ 21... or Minelab Excal II.

If you go with another brand, consider Garrett or whites as an equitable option.

With 900, choice is yours.

hh an gl -Joe

I'm still considering the Garrett. When I do a google for "Sand Shark vs Sea Hunter" I seem to get more reviews favoring the Tesoro over the Garrett (Terry Soloman excluded..:grin:) That is a reason for leaning towards the SS. Is the SH really a better machine then the SS? I do like the changeable coils and headphones for the SH.

What to do....................................

After comparing the two, the Sea Hunter was a "proven" war horse and not internet hype. I am not a bit sorry that I own one and would be more than willing to do a side by side test any day of the week. However you have to hunt with what you feel comfortable with, not what I say.

This thread should be fun later on :laughing:

Yes it will.
I've used a sea hunter and a cz21. Depth difference is minimal(pi has the slight edge). The disc abilities and smoothness of the cz21 wins hands down. Wouldn't even consider the sand shark(Terry's a pushy salesman):laughing:

Buy the best machine you can afford... if you can swing a VLF that's a great choice unless you know the area's you are going to hunt are free of a lot of ferrous targets... nothing worse then hunting a spot loaded with iron bits using a PI... I only use my PI on beaches I know are fairly clean of iron... A Excal or CZ are two great choices for water and wet sand machines.

Just me but i'd start with a beach machine with discrimination. If you go out with intent on finding big ticket items only you are gonna be a tad disappointed. Some of the hunters i always saw and talked to either died or hung it up. Been so slow here since last fall, some of the regulars are long gone. Whatever it is times are hard. I always bring my DFX along so i don't go home blanked. I try to cover a gallon of gas on every hunt minimum when the tide comes in. Most days the day isn't long enough.:no: You can tell by the lower post count times are hard all over. Good luck on the gold quest. In Florida we have tons of beauty queens. And they wear tons of hairpins and a lot less jewelry!

I don't care what you guys say...Terry is still the Salt Water King of Swing to us newbies...:laughing:

Attachments

• Bow.gif
    Bow.gif
    12 KB · Views: 585
I don't care what you guys say...Terry is still the Salt Water King of Swing to us newbies...:laughing:

If you ever see his beach hunting posts he's at the back of the pack. he pm'd me three years ago telling me how good the SS was. It's some of the same finds he's still posting. I don't want to see your finds from the last 4 years:lol:

Back
Top Bottom