Ignore Feature & How To Use It

Buried

Elite Member
Hi everyone, I'd like to share some great information and a great feature on this forum called "Ignore".

The ignore feature is great, it helps keep this place friendly.
Not everyone is going to get along with each other, not everyone is going to see eye to eye. It happens.

But when faced with someone that annoys you, or is rude to you, calls you names or just picks on you in general, this is where this feature comes in handy.

Let's take a look at how we use this feature.

Venture up to the top where it says "User CP" - or you can click this link here http://metaldetectingforum.com/usercp.php

You will be taken to your User Control Panel.

Now look down the left side of your page until you find Settings & Options.
You will see Edit Ignore List.
Click on that and it will open up your ignore list.
You will notice a text box that says "Add a Member to Your List..."
You can start typing their name and the forum will give you a list of who you are trying to add.

Once their name is in the box, just click Okay.

Now that person is on your ignore list and you will not see anymore messages or posts from them.

With this feature on these forums, there should never be ongoing fights, trash talking threads, etc.

We are all here to have fun, learn and share experiences.

I hope this helps someone out!

I've never seen a need to use the feature here, or anywhere else. I just simply ignore the comments, or threads I find offensive, occasionally state an opinion. From what I understand though, it only blocks posts by the person on your ignore list, not quoted comments or replies. Wouldn't it be annoying, to not know what prompted some comments, to ignored members? It's kind of like when some one sits down next to you, pulls out their cell phone, and engages in a loud, long conversation. Hard to ignore completely, and only getting half the conversation, assuming the individual is actually talking to another on the phone (wonder sometimes).

No true way to completely escape some people, there will always be bits and pieces that get past the filter. Basically, it's all just words on a computer screen, each of us much decide the meaning and value, they only have power over us, that we give to them. Really no need to defend ourselves, consider the source, everyone else knows it's garbage as well, if it even matters.

I've never seen a need to use the feature here, or anywhere else. I just simply ignore the comments, or threads I find offensive, occasionally state an opinion. From what I understand though, it only blocks posts by the person on your ignore list, not quoted comments or replies. Wouldn't it be annoying, to not know what prompted some comments, to ignored members? It's kind of like when some one sits down next to you, pulls out their cell phone, and engages in a loud, long conversation. Hard to ignore completely, and only getting half the conversation, assuming the individual is actually talking to another on the phone (wonder sometimes).

No true way to completely escape some people, there will always be bits and pieces that get past the filter. Basically, it's all just words on a computer screen, each of us much decide the meaning and value, they only have power over us, that we give to them. Really no need to defend ourselves, consider the source, everyone else knows it's garbage as well, if it even matters.

Exactly...

If a member reads or see's something they don't like instead of replying just move along and if its offensive report it so we can handle it... we are very good at handling this stuff.

Ignore is cool, but beating them with logic is great. I can't bring myself to ignore anyone. haha

People are not here to ignore each other. I learn stuff from folks I disagree with. Heck, if I had an ignore list of all the folks that have razzed, called me a name, or violently disagreed with me, I would only be typing to myself!! :laughing:

I like to ignore people that just flame post and resort to name calling, and never have anything useful to add.

This is an option we all have especially if you are the type of person who feels your buttons are being pushed and need to push back! This will help keep are little Forum world Friendly!:D

Well said !

People are not here to ignore each other. I learn stuff from folks I disagree with. Heck, if I had an ignore list of all the folks that have razzed, called me a name, or violently disagreed with me, I would only be typing to myself!! :laughing:

Same...YUUUUUUP!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom