First hunt with my new Patriot!

I have no idea what coin that is, but I love that palindrome date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have no idea what coin that is, but I love that palindrome date!

It's an 1881 3 cent Nickel. I did not expect to find one of those in my yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Your yard seems amazing, luckily you have an amazing tool to find these things.
Wonder what you will find when you venture off your property...not that I would be in a hurry to do that.

That 3 cent Nickel was in a hole with 5 zinc pennies in the 1969-1970's and 2 Rosies from the 1970's. It was the last coin I pulled up. Needless to say, I was surprised when I realized what it was. I will post a picture of all the coins that have come out of my yard when I finish it up. I have been running Disc 23, DE speed, sens 30, Thresh -2, mono and nothing notched. Been working well so far, I have pulled a decent amount of trash out as well. Still trying to discern the difference between trash and coin numbers/sounds. Loving this Patriot thus far, it does not disappoint!

That 3 cent Nickel was in a hole with 5 zinc pennies in the 1969-1970's and 2 Rosies from the 1970's. It was the last coin I pulled up. Needless to say, I was surprised when I realized what it was. I will post a picture of all the coins that have come out of my yard when I finish it up. I have been running Disc 23, DE speed, sens 30, Thresh -2, mono and nothing notched. Been working well so far, I have pulled a decent amount of trash out as well. Still trying to discern the difference between trash and coin numbers/sounds. Loving this Patriot thus far, it does not disappoint!

A setting of 30-35 or so on the sense seems to fool the big coil into thinking it is a sniper coil and still get deep, an amazing thing once you experience this.

I tried something new yesterday at a lawn I have been hunting for weeks and good signals have dried up.
Thresh down all the way to -9...Sense 50-60...DE speed mostly...disc at 0....DP tones but most tone choices should work well.
Relatively quiet but with a little move to 1 on the disc it should be ultra quiet.
I used 0 disc and DP because both have some great unmasking abilities in my difficult dirt.
I found several targets I completely missed before on a dozen hunts and all severely masked to the hilt.

photostudio_1502716581325.jpg
photostudio_1502716650065.jpg
photostudio_1502716778106.jpg
photostudio_1502716851624.jpg

When your finds slow down in your lawn try some version of these settings and I bet you might be surprised at what is still there.

Last edited:
A setting of 30-35 or so on the sense seems to fool the big coil into thinking it is a sniper coil and still get deep, an amazing thing once you experience this.

I tried something new yesterday at a lawn I have been hunting for weeks and good signals have dried up.
Thresh down all the way to -9...Sense 50-60...DE speed mostly...disc at 0....DO tones but most tone choices should work well.
Relatively quiet but with a little move to 1 on the disc it should be ultra quiet.
I used 0 disc and DP because both have some great unmasking abilities in my difficult dirt.
I found several targets I completely missed before on a dozen hunts and all severely masked to the hilt.

View attachment 392584
View attachment 392585
View attachment 392586
View attachment 392587

When your finds slow down in your lawn try some version of these settings and I bet you might be surprised at what is still there.
Awesome finds! I will give those settings a try today! Thanks Digger, as always you are a wealth of great information.

AWESOME!!!

I am green with envy!!

That 3-cent looks like it's in excellent shape too.

All of these came from the Philly mint 1865 to 1889.

What did the signal look like? Was it in the usual nickel range? They are 75% copper and 25% nickel.

Man, I want to dig one of these next!! Gorgeous coin!

Good work!

A 3-cent nickel? I've never heard of such a thing. Time for some bathroom research!

Wow! Don't see many 3 cent Nickel coins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWESOME!!!

I am green with envy!!

That 3-cent looks like it's in excellent shape too.

All of these came from the Philly mint 1865 to 1889.

What did the signal look like? Was it in the usual nickel range? They are 75% copper and 25% nickel.

Man, I want to dig one of these next!! Gorgeous coin!

Good work!
It rang up in the copper range because of all the copper pennies I found with it. I will put it under the detector tomorrow and see what it hits.

I still can't believe it came out of my yard in that condition.

Found my first Silver in the front yard! Its a 1962 Roosevelt, nothing old. I am fairly certain they were silver up until 1964, which was the last year they minted the silver dimes. Still a first for me!

This is also my first hunt period, so I was super excited when I came home and my new Patriot was on the front porch. I just detected in my yard, but I still had a blast. The kids had fun digging in the dirt too. I barely made is through half my yard, then it got dark.... Not enough hours in the day! I did find an interesting 1979 10 cent coin from bermuda? Not sure how that ended up in my back yard, it was about 6" down too.

:cheer: Hey congrats! Great finds. Hope you have a blast with your new machine. :stars:

Back
Top Bottom