Bottles and ticks

TerryEastTexas

Forum Supporter
I went to a old home site yesterday and detected around but it was overgrown and very trashy. While there I noticed two bottles and picked them up to check them out, I'm not a bottle collector but these seemed interesting. This was the good part, the bad part was that I also picked up 2 ticks, the first of the season. As soon as I got home took a bath with a little of bleach. The large bottle is a clorox bottle which was produced from 1940-42. But the clear bottle looks like a ketchup bottle but I can't find it doing a google search. Any ideas? the second picture of the cap shows that it's not threaded.

Attachments

• 100_0232.JPG
    100_0232.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 373
  • 100_0240.JPG
    100_0240.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 393
At first peek I thought yes, that's a old ketchup bottle. The octogon shape is a giveaway.

But when I saw the lip of it, now I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to be threaded like most ketchup bottles. :?:

The ticks are out in Texas huh? I'm surprised they aren't all over here in CT. This has been the dryest March we've had in 15 years according to the weatherman.

Carol... I hit a site about a week ago and I seen a bottle (not broke, and right on top of the ground. I wouldn't dig for them anyway) that had that hexi-shape, but with many more "sides" to it (I know... remember... the ketchup *catsup* bottle you speak of. I can't remember the name of that multi-sided bottle shape that I speak of, but I'm sure someone will remind me. I used to know all of 'em. :(). I also found a 45 record that I put on top of the hexi-bottle and left it there at that site. I determined (at my age, and having "been there"... :lol:) that it was a Zarex bottle... the quart size. Remember them?
Anyway... I did grab the hex bottle (but it's outside on the porch, and I jus' have a lazy butt tonight, so I ain't goin' out there to get it. :lol:) and this milk bottle that was also on top of the ground.
I had an uncle that was a milkman in that town (the town I was born in... and it's a half hour away from where we bought our home), and he probably had this very bottle in his hand... 'cause there wasn't a lot of milkmen back in the 50's around here/there. This is the exact-type bottles I remember him having in his truck when us kids would chase his milk truck jus' to get a small chunk of ice... ('member them days?) then after that, it was a chase to get a small chunk of dry ice.
With a "Maine" stamp, here's the bottle that "followed me home":
(Oh... that's crazy Mike Myers in "Wayne's World" in the background...!)

Attachments

• MilkBottle.jpg
    MilkBottle.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 377
Darn ticks. I'm worried about them and chiggers this spring. We got 'em bad here. Nice bottles BTW.

Nice finds - except the ticks of course.
And I've found two or three on me already. Not burrowed in, though, thank God!

Back
Top Bottom