Don't come to Myrtle beach with your metal scoop!!!

Where did it say "a scoop is considered as a shovel"? I guess that will only apply to the dry sand as "Riparian Rights" should apply beyond the high tide mark going into the water. I would have a copy of that law on me handy. And what detectorist digs 2 feet? :lol:

Where did it say "a scoop is considered as a shovel"? I guess that will only apply to the dry sand as "Riparian Rights" should apply beyond the high tide mark. I would have a copy of that law on me handy. And what detectorist digs 2 feet? :lol:

I called and asked. They said it's a tool for digging and it metal so it's a shovel.....the two feet thing I care less about. I guess I be looking for plans for a PVC scoop.

I called and asked. They said it's a tool for digging and it metal so it's a shovel.....the two feet thing I care less about. I guess I be looking for plans for a PVC scoop.

PVC scoops do work... Imagine the face of the police when you say it's PVC not metal! He'll try to convict you of the U-Bolts you used to make it... :lol:

Hopefully, they understand the difference between a polite detectorist and some rowdy kids digging to magma.

Josh

I thinking it's E-bikers complaining about our holes .Were filling them in but they are still hitting them and fallen off the bike.

I thinking it's E-bikers complaining about our holes .Were filling them in but they are still hitting them and fallen off the bike.

Well so what, even if we dig with a PVC we're still digging, right? Like jumping into the pool and complaining that it's raining.

If only someone who had detected for a bit could become the mayor or something... That would be really cool.

Josh

Where did it say "a scoop is considered as a shovel"? I guess that will only apply to the dry sand as "Riparian Rights" should apply beyond the high tide mark going into the water. I would have a copy of that law on me handy. And what detectorist digs 2 feet? :lol:
Sad to admit it , but THE KOB digs 2 foot holes. For tent stakes and beer cans....

It doesn't mention metal detecting and it sounds like they are talking about kids who love to dig those deep craters on the beach... why do you think this new rule is aimed at those who detect?

Me and buddy had gotten squawked all by the local E-bikers. This was around March and the old guy was very determined to stop the hobby.

Me and buddy had gotten squawked all by the local E-bikers. This was around March and the old guy was very determined to stop the hobby.

I think there's a gentic link between people that ride push bikes and being a whinger.
It's bad enough all the selfrightegous hot air they blow about riding on the road, but now you're telling me they are frigging invading the BEACH with their !!!! as well?

I hope you told him it's a beach not his personal race track?

I think there's a gentic link between people that ride push bikes and being a whinger.
It's bad enough all the selfrightegous hot air they blow about riding on the road, but now you're telling me they are frigging invading the BEACH with their !!!! as well?

I hope you told him it's a beach not his personal race track?
We did!! Also told him it's a public beach and we're allowed to metal detect. Myrtle Beach has a problem with rich people getting there way. It's like in the summer time only people with decals can park around the "gold mile" area. If city council don't vote with them they will find someone who will.

I'm pretty sure that's a problem everywhere.
What I find bizzare about this, is why ban METAL shovels? It's not like the metal makes a difference. It'd make more sense to limit the size of the digging implement, or just come out and ban detectors.

Fine, I'll put the cabash on Myrtel beach, There's plenty of other and better beaches to go to.

Where is Tom when we need him!

I agree with Felix, "Riparian Rights" should cover you once your in the water, then to the Mean High tide line you may have to fight them on that since "Mean " means, 19 year average.

Several years ago there was a guy "DIG" who was kicking around the idea of a copositive material scoop.

Where is Tom when we need him!

I agree with Felix, "Riparian Rights" should cover you once your in the water, then to the Mean High tide line you may have to fight them on that since "Mean " means, 19 year average.

Several years ago there was a guy "DIG" who was kicking around the idea of a copositive material scoop.

I saw a guy using a plastic one in Australia (utube). No rocks or anything in the sand but he sure made digging holes look easy. Almost like a big green sand shovel.

I saw a guy using a plastic one in Australia (utube). No rocks or anything in the sand but he sure made digging holes look easy. Almost like a big green sand shovel.

Yeah, no one will be digging deeper than two feet with this…

R5

Back
Top Bottom