Good info here on the at max

Just like he said If someone says anything ...Here comes the "NOX'ers"

They think if you do not have a NOX ... You have a piece of !!!! in your hand ... Period

We should change the name of this forum to
NOX Detecting Forum

Now Now.. you are letting a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.. It is still a friendly forum just look around at people posting in this thread..

As for hunting relics in thick iron the MAX stinks.......and I wouldn't take it to a iron loaded relic site to actually hunt with it if you gave it to me.

the AT MAX is a dog in iron loaded sites ...
DOGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personal insults don't change the fact that your AT MAX is a dud detector in iron....and its audio stinks.

What you call bashing I just call giving the facts...good or bad...:yes:

Sure doesn't look like a review - looks a lot like bashing to me. If someone uses terms like "Stinks" and "Dog" without quantifying them, it's just incendiary rhetoric intentionally done to annoy people under the guise of "just giving my opinion".

It's kind of like saying "Pit bulls suck." You might have legitimate reasons for having that opinion, but if you leave it at that, then you're just intentionally poking a stick at pit bull owners, and certainly not contributing anything meaningful to a discussion.

BTW the main problem is it has no iron volume and the iron tone overrides everything else if you have iron audio on or the disc ran down low. Garrett could have put a iron volume on it and it would have helped a lot.

Now this is good, meaningful information. Contributes intelligently to a discussion about a detector. Too bad you only added that as a side note, and made "the Max stinks and is a dog in iron" the primary thought of all your previous comments in the thread.

So, if the "main" problem is iron volume, it sounds like you just don't like how the detector sounds. I can relate to that, because I knocked a detector or two off my list for upgrade regardless of performance because I couldn't get past the fact that the tones sounded like a dog chewing on a squeaky toy or a clown playing with a slide whistle. Certain tone qualities get annoying for folks when you have to listen to it all day. Makes sense.

If there were an iron audio volume included on the AT Max would you be satisfied with the performance enough to give it a "passing" review? Or does your sweeping and harsh review of "stinks" and "dog" cover other specific performance areas that you deem completely unsatisfactory other than how the detector presents the information to your ears?

The problem should have stopped when the thread was hijacked period. Not bashing the moderators but some policing of threads needs to be done since this is happening on lots of threads. This topic that started out helpful to those having or interested in the AT MAX turned into a bashing the machine. Completely inappropriate and uncalled for.

If "some" individuals want to voice their strong "opinion" then start their own thread and boast until you are blue in the face. This way people know which threads to avoid.

I have a NOX but I came to the thread for the topic..the AT MAX because my buddy has one and Is still learning it so I look for helpful information to pass along to him.

I hate the term "bullying" just because the Social Justice Warriors over use the term and it turns my stomach. I prefer to say some just act like a pompous as*

I guess you missed the at series threads I have started in the past....Or the recent equinox threads of others and such. I think this sub forum is titled all about detectors . That means the good and the bad.

I guess you guys want us to tell everyone there all great. You call it being a bully when a guy post a video showing the detector doing what he said it was doing good or bad. Give me a break. Have you seen some of the things others have said to me.

Personal attacks on me for saying negative comments about a detector brand. I guess that's ok for others to do. As long as they dont say anything negative about your model detector.....

I guess you missed the at series threads I have started in the past....Or the recent equinox threads of others and such. I think this sub forum is titled all about detectors . That means the good and the bad.

I guess you guys want us to tell everyone there all great. You call it being a bully when a guy post a video showing the detector doing what he said it was doing good or bad. Give me a break. Have you seen some of the things others have said to me.

Personal attacks on me for saying negative comments about a detector brand. I guess that's ok for others to do. As long as they dont say anything negative about your model detector.....

Your last paragraph proves to me you don't get it. Sadly you may never get it. There is a reason you get the fire backs you do. Now go read your statement again, then sit there and think how you could make that better by doing one, simple little thing different. It's not that hard to figure out.

No one, I don’t care who you are, can give a useful “review” without spending enough time to learn the machine.

In your professional opinion. How long does one need on a machine and in this case the AT MAX before he can turn it on ground balance it, set the sensitivity, choose the mode and swing it over some targets in a test garden?:?::?::?:

Remember I learned with the AT PRO......
I don't need hundreds of hours on a AT MAX to swing it in a test bed....:roll:
I don't need to know the subtle tonal nuances of it either to do so that comes with hundreds of hours in the field with it. :roll:

I'm not a total neeb with a detector either. The AT SERIES are some of the most simple detectors to turn on and run made.:roll:

Since your the local AT MAX expert make a video and disprove what I showed with the machine. If your saying its not true......

Back
Top Bottom