Iron stakes(?) and unknown small object

euryan

For me, the toughest thing about metal detecting is not knowing whether the object you have found is a 50 years old or a 1000.

I found these things on an old path in the forest (Germany). I suppose the big ones look like tent stakes, any idea how old? No idea what the small item is. Ideas, comments, blind guesses all welcome. :D Thanks for looking!

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

Yeah, that middle object is a quarter.:laughing:
Seriously, I have studied your pics for a while. Hard to tell with all the fozzilization. Could possibly be tent stakes. I'm sure someone will chime in before to long.

:lol: Yep, I'm in the middle of a move so unfortunately I can't do any electrolysis at the moment, just thought I would throw them up here and see if anyone could provide any other info. :cool:

Any chance a railroad went through there at some point, or was one nearby? I found something that looks extremely similar on a railroad track.

They look like old iron spikes, one bent, and one straight. too short to do any good as tent stakes and nobody's gonna be carrying around all that weight to peg down a tent. More likely square spike nails for cabin or other construction.

They look like old iron spikes, one bent, and one straight. too short to do any good as tent stakes and nobody's gonna be carrying around all that weight to peg down a tent. More likely square spike nails for cabin or other construction.

Fair enough. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom