Research.....you never know what you'll learn

Konadog

Elite Member
So...I was trying to find some info/age of that park where I found those wheat pennies today and came across this about our town.

Btw....CI Guy and I both live right off Denham Rd.,where the small cemetery mentioned has the grave of Robert Greenwell.

They've since closed the mental hospital mentioned....completely fenced and security on site 24/7....Jeez I'd love to be able to hunt that area....civil war staging area...hospital....hotel....I can just imagine the treasures buried there.

http://cec.wikidot.com/central-history

As far as modern times....as I mentioned the hospital in now closed,the buildins are still up and no park yet either...although I'll bet a dollars to a doughnut if they do make it a park detectors will not be allowed....they've closed what was "the original school" which during its life was 1-12 grade...then high school and middle,then just middle school,built a new high school and a brand new middle school....asbestos abatement has just started on the old school and they've fenced off most of the grounds there too...a grass and gravel parking area is still accessible and they have an annual small carnival on it...might be worth a shot swing the coil there....

A neighbor tells me there's a beach area heading north on Greenwell Springs at a bridge that crosses a small river where she sees people there swimming during the summer....I'll definitely have to try and get up that way and try some freshwater beach hunting.

Good job on the research. There's a similar situation near me - two old state mental hospitals now closed. Off limits now, but may be developed into parks which would probably be open to detecting.

Back
Top Bottom