Possible "crusty" doubloon?? Any help?

Luv2SwingIt

Coin.jpg

Thanks

Appreciate the feedback. I found it "in the surf" line where the waves were actually washing in. I suspected it was a fake as well.

Who are these dorks who go around spreading fake doubloons on beaches? Makes me glad I'm in Kansas!

Who are these dorks who go around spreading fake doubloons on beaches? Makes me glad I'm in Kansas!

From what I've heard, if you visit the mel Fisher Atocha museum, tourists can actually buy replicas in the gift shop there. Ie.: fake cobs. And humorously, some of those fake cobs have been found on the beaches around there in Florida. Giving md'rs a heart-attack, haha.

Here where I'm at in Monterey, CA, tourists can put .50c or $1 into the vending machine, and it spits out a tourist coin with a sea otter depiction, and "Monterey, CA" blah blah on them. They're the size of a half dollar, so they initially give you a jolt when you find them when md'ing. Now we know what they are , and just throw them away :roll:

From what I've heard, if you visit the mel Fisher Atocha museum, tourists can actually buy replicas in the gift shop there. Ie.: fake cobs. And humorously, some of those fake cobs have been found on the beaches around there in Florida. Giving md'rs a heart-attack, haha.

His museum is so fun though! But there's a few types you can buy there. Toy coins, the coin in original state (rarer to see on the shelf there), and one that was melted down treasure metals and restamped into an original looking coin. Definitely a place to see if you visit in the keys.

Back
Top Bottom