An "Old" Pocket Spill

Z

zoyboy

I went detecting today with Blitz, Rob, Kev, and Keith, and we had a great time. We began our day at one of our local "hotspots," and ended up at an underground railroad site. The local "hotspot" produced quite a handful of coins for me today. I found a 1901 Barber dime, a 1901 Barber quarter, a 1900 Indian Head cent, a 1900 "V" nickel, and a 1918 Buffalo nickel. Three of the coins -- the 1900 cent, the 1900 nickel, and the 1901 quarter -- were found about a foot from each other; I am still excited about it.

Keith, as always, pulled out two Indian Head cents from the ground -- an 1887 and an 1899; they were 7 inches deep. After Keith's second Injun, he was so excited that he celebrated by "gobbling" like a chicken over our walkee-talkee system. At first, Rob didn't know who was making the ridiculous noises, but Kev, Blitz, and I knew who it was; it was our heavily-spirited comic, Keith!

ZB,

Sounds like you guys had a nice day. I also found an Indian Head from 1875 - I'll post a pic. :D

zoyboy
If I remember right Keith sounded more like a wounded turkey than an excited chicken but I could be mistaken. another memorable day......................Blitz

Here is a scanned picture of my finds.

Attachments

• zoy2.jpg
    zoy2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 278
Zoyboy,
Sounds like you guys had a hard day, but It paid off! Great finds, and thanks for sharing.
Greg

Old Pocket Spill

I had one of these once. It was on a school ground.

The old school had had it's roof repaired and there were roofing nails everywhere. I did not know much better then and was digging almost everything.

I came across a small pile of silver dimes that day, that I would assume too was an old pocket spill. Because of the nails, no one else was hunting the area. LOL I later learned how to discriminate, but think that had I done so that day, I would never have found the coins (This was back in 1975 by the way).

Back
Top Bottom