Slow lately

JohnnyPhoenix

I’ve been out a couple times in the last week, once while waiting for a tire to be installed and the second time after getting a tire repaired for my wife—bad tire week...

Anyway, hit a fairground and recovered a couple dozen modern coins and a modern “No Cash Value” token, so common there that I try to avoid digging them. Similar story at a school ball field: plenty of clad, nothing unusual. Finally, went back the the “silver mine” and it didn’t disappoint! Two Mercs and a small Methodist Youth Fellowship pin. The pin rang up 20-21 on the Nox and was about 4” deep. It turns out I’ve been running the detector pretty wide open throttle without realizing it. I checked my FE setting and I was in F2-0 with sensitivity at 21. I found a wheat cent at 10-11” with both dimes coming in around 8”. The ground at the site is fairly clean, so I’m sure that’s why I was getting away with it.

JP

946CA20C-E596-4FC5-9E6F-4374089C9B0B.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, at the school ball field, I got a 34-35 signal which turned out to be three quarters in one hole, two of them actually stuck together! Note the uncorroded surface where the two coins were touching.

10EDFEB3-3C32-4264-909C-498C300AFCD8.jpeg

I forgot to mention, at the school ball field, I got a 34-35 signal which turned out to be three quarters in one hole, two of them actually stuck together! Not the uncorroded surface where the two coins were touching.

View attachment 465697
Finding multiple clad coins in one hole is quite common and if you pull one out and see the shiny part, you'll know there's at least one more coin in the hole.
Congrats on the silver finds.

I've had multi-coin holes and even some touching as indicated by "moon" symbols and other spots. It's just that these were stuck together like an Oreo and I had to pry them apart, that's all. :)

Now if I could find coin roll...

Back
Top Bottom