Pinpointers??

se3388

Are the pinpointers on places like Amazon in the $30 to $60 range any good?

Steve........

Are the pinpointers on places like Amazon in the $30 to $60 range any good?

Steve........
If this is going to be your primary pointer, spend the extra money and get a Garrett carrot or similar. You can find good deals on slightly used ones on the classifieds if you want to save some money. You don't want to be aggravated by a cheap pointer during a good dig.

Cliff

They're better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as the Garrett Carrot, Fisher F-Pulse, Minelab Pro-Find 35, etc.

Thanks for the advice, that's about what I was suspecting. Now I'm kinda leaning towards the Garrett.

Steve........

Looking forward to trying it out, my current pinpointer is an Automax Precision V4. It seems to work decently, anyone have any experience with the Automax Precision V4? I have no idea how old it is, I got it used back about 2009.

Steve........

I have 3 of the GP Pointers from Amazon. One gets used, one as a spare, and one for a loaner when someone chooses to detect with me. I have good results with these. Detection field on a quarter is a touch over 1.5 inches, which is more than adequate for me. I've never used a "high dollar" pinpointer so I don't have a base for comparison. They suit my needs just fine. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom