Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 10-14-2021, 12:20 PM
Elite Member

Default Autumn In New England

This past Tuesday Sue and I headed up to Vermont for a day trip. Along the way we stopped at a roadside stand so that Sue could buy some pumpkins and vegetables. Later we stopped at the Hogback Mountain General Store in Marlboro, Vermont because Sue loves to buy a few souvenirs every time we go somewhere. After all the sightseeing along the way we stopped for dinner and the restaurant had an interesting old advertising sign on the wall.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2021, 09:28 AM
Elite Member

Great photos, Ed. Looks like a nice time was had by all

That deck overlook in one photo looks very familiar. I think I have a picture of my wife and me at the same spot. Beautiful time of year in Vermont.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT E-Series, Spectrum XLT (Rainbow), Garrett Propointer II, Killer Bee Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger, Root Slayer NOMAD digger

Old 10-15-2021, 12:01 PM
Elite Member

Sounds like a great trip!
I was up that way over the summer and loved it, beautiful places and nice people.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:03 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jimther View post
Great photos, Ed. Looks like a nice time was had by all

That deck overlook in one photo looks very familiar. I think I have a picture of my wife and me at the same spot. Beautiful time of year in Vermont.
Thanks Jim, we definitely had a good time. The deck with the overlook is the Hogback Mountain General Store in Marlboro, Vermont along route 9, about halfway between the towns of Wilmington and Brattleboro.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
Thanks Jim, we definitely had a good time. The deck with the overlook is the Hogback Mountain General Store in Marlboro, Vermont along route 9, about halfway between the towns of Wilmington and Brattleboro.
Yup… that’s the one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT E-Series, Spectrum XLT (Rainbow), Garrett Propointer II, Killer Bee Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger, Root Slayer NOMAD digger

Old 10-16-2021, 12:06 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
WAY back in the day I had a girlfriend who lived like 10 minutes further down the hill in the brattleboro direction, I've been to that spot many times for, lets say, various reasons...

Old 10-16-2021, 01:10 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
WAY back in the day I had a girlfriend who lived like 10 minutes further down the hill in the brattleboro direction, I've been to that spot many times for, lets say, various reasons...
I think we get your "drift".........

Old 10-23-2021, 07:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
Sounds like a great trip!
I was up that way over the summer and loved it, beautiful places and nice people.
Thanks Zee......It was so nice we went back again a week later.