First war nickle

CallMeGrey

Forum Supporter
Found my first war nickle this morning. :cool3: Haven't found many nickels at all lately, so this one was really a surprise. The park also yielded 2 wheat pennies.

Attachments

• WarNickle.jpg
    WarNickle.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 151
Nice score. I'd choose war nickels over regular Jeffersons any day!

Do you remember how it registered on the E800? I just used mine for the first time today and did not pull any nickels even though I dug a lot of 13s.

Do you remember how it registered on the E800? I just used mine for the first time today and did not pull any nickels even though I dug a lot of 13s.

It was giving me a steady 12-13. But I have to mention that only 20% of the time I get that do I actually get a nickle - I still get pull tabs that just register 12-13. But most times it's only part of a pull tab or one that's bent in half.

Great job!!! Silver in the hand and it’s all yours [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first war nickel and the wheats as well. I love digging them and for me war nickels make up over 10% of all my silver. Most have been dug with the 800 and come in at 12-13 or a solid 13. I still get fooled by the bent beavertails but you usually will get a drop to 11 with them. Good luck and on to # 2. Mark

Back
Top Bottom