another whatzit from the woods

Penndirtdigger

hey all. i'm new to your site put not new to the detecting game. I found these 3 pieces in the same hole and need help with an ID. Pretty sure the etching is an old English "P" and they are sterling. Found a treble gilt orange colour button in the same area. Any ideas would be awesome

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 381
Pic #1 appears to be some kind of personalized applique, like on a napkin ring or similar item.

#2 appears to be a cigar band based on the thinness of the band.

#3 does appear to be from an umbrella or possibly a cane.

They are all silver so that is phenomenal.

Edit: Could #2 and #3 be from the same object? a silver decorative band and umbrella part?

They were all in the same hole so my assumption is they’re all from the same mystery object. My dad swears there was a piece of cork or wood in the piece with holes before I cleaned it

I think all the pieces came off the same, fancy umbrella or cane handle. The funny little piece is like a monogrammed head badge, looks like maybe a P. Ones a ring that just goes around the handle to make it extra fancy and the piece with the two little holes is where the shaft came out of the handle.

They were all in the same hole so my assumption is they’re all from the same mystery object. My dad swears there was a piece of cork or wood in the piece with holes before I cleaned it

Seeing how they were in the same hole, I would say personalized umbrella or possibly walking stick. Here is a query for you, if it was cork, might it have been a fishing rod? some early fly rods were quite ornate, and the broke ring might have been to secure the reel. Just a thought for ya.

Seeing how they were in the same hole, I would say personalized umbrella or possibly walking stick. Here is a query for you, if it was cork, might it have been a fishing rod? some early fly rods were quite ornate, and the broke ring might have been to secure the reel. Just a thought for ya.

P could be for Pflueger....

Back
Top Bottom