It's time to bring Sophie back...(Detectorists fans please step in.)

My favorite line.

Sophie walking with the German young man.

GYM: Why do you hang out with those guys, they never find anything good.
Sophie: That's what we do best.

Last edited:
First of all it would be kind of tight for 3 of them to travel in a 2 seater TR7. But it would be funny, she could sit in Andy's lap. Knowing Andy he would confess to this seating arrangement with Becky later and again get in the dog house with becky which is somewhat normal for Andy.

Maybe, Sophie could sit on the hump using a pillow and she recognizes the pillow as the one that Lance used for the stool when he and Andy performed New Age Girl at the pub, because he couldn’t play his mandolin standing up. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are Phil & Paul aka Simon and Garfunkel? Love the show but not so good on the character names.

55e4304ecd7d17a1f1c31fbd42bcd463.jpg

wish it'd be right now, hate a year or 2
maybe he'll look in here to get some ideas for his show. If he'd follow me around detecting he'd see some funny stuff LOL

All the other actors have to clear their obligations too. Diana Rigg(Becky’s mom on the show and in real life) has died, but she didn’t have a significant roll. I’d like to see Larry in the new Series, he was hilarious. “Good God!” [emoji23]

Last edited:
Oh, come on Tom. You never watched the great British TV series about metal detecting with Lance and Andy? you don't know what you are missing.

Since Stanley, Becky and Andy’s boy, should be about 7 years old by the time the new Series airs, they should have a scene with him in the background detecting with the Power Ranger metal detector. Or, even just a quick scene inside Stanley’s bedroom, with the Power Ranger detector seen hanging horizontally on the wall next to a photo of Phil holding Stanley when he was a baby. [emoji23]

giphy.gif

I wouldn't get your hopes up guys. He's said the same thing ("too busy, but maybe next year") in 2021 and in 2020. But who knows. At least he's talking about writing now.

As the father of a child whose interest in metal detecting got me into the hobby, I would definitely like to see that dynamic explored more on the show. What if Andy's son becomes disinterested in detecting? My own kid is less interested in it than I am these days.

I wouldn't get your hopes up guys. He's said the same thing ("too busy, but maybe next year") in 2021 and in 2020. But who knows. At least he's talking about writing now.

As the father of a child whose interest in metal detecting got me into the hobby, I would definitely like to see that dynamic explored more on the show. What if Andy's son becomes disinterested in detecting? My own kid is less interested in it than I am these days.

Hope is a good thing [emoji846], and he’s never talked about Toby Jones being on board for a Series 4. At least, not that I recall.

I think your idea for a storyline, in regards to Stanley becoming disinterested, is a good one. But, unless time is jumped significantly ahead for a Series 4, Stanley won’t be old enough for that storyline. At 7 little boys want to do whatever their fathers are doing. Your idea would have to wait for Season 6 [emoji3], or so, when time has jumped ahead to when Stanley is ~13.

They would need to :

1. Deal with actress Dianna Riggs' death. Maybe the opening scene in a Series 4 would be a memorial service for Bechy's Mom as a series starter. In the new garden behind Andy and Becky's newly rebuilt cottage home.

2. I always thought they gave up too soon on finding that Saxon king burial ship up on the hill top that Becky had the Detectorists focus upon. I think a partial day was really not enough to give up on that site and for Lance to conclude "there is nothing there".

3. Scene with Bishop and his never seen wife, Janice, might be a nice touch, too. She coming back with Bishop's original "invisible" dogs.

They would need to :

1. Deal with actress Dianna Riggs' death. Maybe the opening scene in a Series 4 would be a memorial service for Bechy's Mom as a series starter. In the new garden behind Andy and Becky's newly rebuilt cottage home.

2. I always thought they gave up too soon on finding that Saxon king burial ship up on the hill top that Becky had the Detectorists focus upon. I think a partial day was really not enough to give up on that site and for Lance to conclude "there is nothing there".

3. Scene with Bishop and his never seen wife, Janice, might be a nice touch, too. She coming back with Bishop's original "invisible" dogs.

cd8ecf383d15e814366c8ec44fcdf50e.gif

Excellent ideas Pete. Adding the comedy to the Farmer Bishop storyline by having the original invisible dogs return with his wife is a particularly nice touch. [emoji1360] I was thinking that she could return and be a young beautiful blonde about 30 years younger than he is as adding some necessary comedy to her introduction, but I like your idea better.

Returning to the ship search wouldn’t require Sophie to return to the show, but that storyline could run simultaneously for Simon and Garfunkel, while Sophie, Lance and Andy pursue a new adventure. Maybe, have Paul find something significant, since he is the beaten down character on the show.

Actor MacKenzie Crook teasing us all with this scene in one of his latest adventures in movie/series work.

Look at the distant field between and behind the actors...
LYuVrhM.jpg

Actor MacKenzie Crook teasing us all with this scene in one of his latest adventures in movie/series work.

Look at the distant field between and behind the actors...
LYuVrhM.jpg

I saw him interviewed about that scene from Worzel Gummidge. It’s not the TR7, it’s a lookalike, and one of the Detectorists is his son and the other is a crew member from that show.

Last edited:
Hope Andy will get the commission to do a "proper" archaeological dig before the new building goes up... :yes:

I think as long as they have enough "exterior" footage of the old building in their archives, I think Series 4 could just build a decent interior studio-set for filming.

Back
Top Bottom