All of a sudden I am into watches...

My Seiko diver showed up today. :cool:
I won't wear it for work EVER! It will be for casual occasions. My Omega is my dress watch, and my Timex will remain the beater work piece.

That Timex has been worn on water hunts (detecting), and since it's exposed to dirt that's unimaginable to most people due to my line of work, it gets hosed off on a regular basis. I have yet to kill one with water. They see a lot of shock, and tend to get smashed more often than not. I can't recall how many times I've had one broken off my arm, and usually a new band puts them back in service....but not always.

My Seiko diver showed up today. :cool:
I won't wear it for work EVER! It will be for casual occasions. My Omega is my dress watch, and my Timex will remain the beater work piece.

That Timex has been worn on water hunts (detecting), and since it's exposed to dirt that's unimaginable to most people due to my line of work, it gets hosed off on a regular basis. I have yet to kill one with water. They see a lot of shock, and tend to get smashed more often than not. I can't recall how many times I've had one broken off my arm, and usually a new band puts them back in service....but not always.

You can't argue with a brand like Timex that has become so worldwide large and has been pleasing people for so long.
As I said I have been using Timex watches since I was a kid before the quartz revolution when you actually needed to wind them by hand.
The only reason I have changed over to newer models over the years is because I lost them, the Indiglo stopped working or the crystal got so scratched up it looked bad.
All the crystals are plastic, not mineral or sapphire, on the cheaper models so over time scratches add up if you are hard on them like I am.
I just never saw the logic of paying to replace that crystal when a new replacement watch was so cheap.
Not many products I have bought in my life have had such proven value as my Timex watches if you consider how much they cost, how well they kept time and how long they lasted me despite some hard use.

By the way I used the great Costco replacement warranty yesterday on my new G Shock.
I noticed the hour hand was not lined up correctly, at 12:00 the minute hand was straight up but the hour hand was slightly skewed to the left and that was driving me nuts.
A $10 watch can get this right so there us no excuse for this model to be off even a little.
It is easily fixed if you take the watch apart but no way was I going to do that so I took it back to Costco and got another one and this one is perfect and I am happy.
Next up is I need to get a couple of adapters and a nylon Zulu strap for the thing because I am not into the rubber band at all.

Iconic famous live Timex ad....

Timex 100 ad...

Back
Top Bottom