Charlie Daniels passes

He was constantly touring, up to 250 dates a year for decades...name a town in this country with a stage and he probably played it.

For 40 years I think he toured the most with the Marshall Tucker Band.
They got together to tour again this year.

In the 70's I think I saw both hands play together at different venues all over Michigan about 5 or 6 times, before country became cool.
Never remembered a bad concert...always a great time.

Sad new for sure. Think I'v listened to "Ballad of Wooly Swamp" a good half dozen times today. I love that song lol.

Had a hemorrhage in Hermitage. Put that in a country song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chicken in the bread pan pickin' out dough.

This^^^^ Thanks for clearing that up! I never could interpret that part of the song and I was born in Georgia!!! I guess the DEVIL is in the details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember the name of my favorite Charlie Daniels song but it had something to do with a trip to Jackson Mississippi. Haven't heard it in years.

Old Charlie said "The devil went down to Georgia". Well he was spotted in the Myrtle beach area not wearing a mask or maintaining his distance. He did have a top of the line detector though but his batteries were dead and all his finds were trash.

Old charlie will be missed.

I really liked "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and "Uneasy Rider". I liked all the Charlie Daniels Band songs. I'll miss him, but at least he left us a bunch of music to remember him by.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom