This is bull...

Don't know what it is, but I'll bet the hole in the bottom is the clue to what it was.

Cool find!

I agree definitely, since I doesn't hang, it seems more like a topper to something. MDLAND's suggestion I think is right on...

Here are some similar looking skewers. I couldn't find an exact match, but I've found utensils in this area of my lawn before, so probably a pic nic spot for the previous owners. I think it's probably modern, but hard to say for sure.

skewers2.jpg

Great find!

Looks like a Minotaur or something... definitely creepy.

After looking through the internet, there was an ancient pagan god Moloch who was the god of children sacrifice. Looks similar.

Ok, now I'm sure I will have some explaining to do with my HR department when they see what I've been searching on my company computer... good luck!

I agree, definitely creepy. Knowing that it might have just been an ugly BBQ skewer topper will help me sleep a bit better, rather than some Moloch god token being in my yard!:wow:

I wouldnt eat a Shish Kabob off that Moloch skewer handle! Unless I was a baby cannibal I suppose...Its just flat out too creepy beyond words!

Damn! that find of yours gives me the heebie jeebies! Awesome!

I agree, definitely creepy. Knowing that it might have just been an ugly BBQ skewer topper will help me sleep a bit better, rather than some Moloch god token being in my yard!:wow:

I wouldnt eat a Shish Kabob off that Moloch skewer handle! Unless I was a baby cannibal I suppose...Its just flat out too creepy beyond words!

:laughing: This will be an interesting one to watch and see if you find anything out... :popcorn:

Haha, wait a minute, didn't you post about eating a road kill turkey once? You draw the line at creepy skewers I guess haha.

Is the hole in the bottom threaded ?

It is not. It's ovalish, like the shape of flatter metal would fit into it, like the letter opener or kabob skewer suggestions, if that makes sense.

I think I found him!!! Or something really close. This one is a "vintage wusthof trident Rostfrie skewer" and he looks almost as creepy....

bull.jpg

It is not. It's ovalish, like the shape of flatter metal would fit into it, like the letter opener or kabob skewer suggestions, if that makes sense.

I think I found him!!! Or something really close. This one is a "vintage wusthof trident Rostfrie skewer" and he looks almost as creepy....

View attachment 380243

That is really close! Yours is a bit different and bit creepier IMHO.

Good job. Wonder how old it is.

Wow didn't know there was so many uses for a brass bull . This one definitely has a wierd man look to it . Leaning towards some idol thing .
,,,,.HH

I was thinking maybe it's part of a door knocker?

View attachment 380242 I know. not it but I am looking.......

Thanks, all good directions to search in!

That is really close! Yours is a bit different and bit creepier IMHO.

Good job. Wonder how old it is.

Not sure on the age, it was only about 2 inches down and I'm leaning towards something newer that previous owners dropped (house was built in the 1990s).

This one definitely has a wierd man look to it . Leaning towards some idol thing .
,,,,.HH

I'm hoping it's just some shoddy artwork and not intentionally creepy :?:

Back
Top Bottom