Short clad hunt this AM may lead into permission

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Found a couple ball fields in a nearby town a couple days ago, and when early this AM since we're in for another 90* day. I knew they weren't old, but just wanted to get out for a bit.

As I pulled in, there was a truck pulling out, and I just waved as I went in. While I was at my passenger door suiting-up, the truck came back, and we exchanged hellos, and he asked (basically) what I was doing. Told him I'd planned on doing a bit of detecting, since I was knocked out of the fields for a while.

We talked for a few minutes, and he told me he could likely get me into a property he caretakes. Said it was old, and had never been detected. I tried to hide my jubilation :laughing: I gave him a card, and am sure hoping I hear back from him!

He told me the ball diamonds had been detected, but didn't think they'd found anything. They must have been cherry-pickers, because I could still be there digging clad. I stayed a little more than an hour.

3- Quarters
6- Dimes'
9- Nickels (which I found odd as I seldom find that many)
8- Memorials

That many nickels on a ball field is a good sign of potential gold or other items. If you are willing to dig the odd signals (but solid) you may be rewarded. Same for odd number high tones. Silver ring or bracelet could be found.
Good luck with the permission. Those are the best. The four silvers I found last week were from private yards

Back
Top Bottom