Farm people,what did I find?

Country Dirt Kid

Elite Member
Most people dig coins and jewelry, not me I dig logs. I was detecting the sight of an old wooden ferry and I found this in the mud. I dragged it home just in case it had something to do with the ferry. If it is I'm going to make a giant old ferry lamp out of it. I bet you guys wish that the metal detecting in your area was this good. Any idea what it actually is? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_3438.jpg
    IMG_3438.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 311
Reminds me of electric fence for cattle. Friends farm has some. Look different though. Grabbed it once and shocked the devil out of me. Never do that again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

my first thought was to run a rope through all the holes and drag it behind a truck or tractor to knock down brush

or perhaps...

Attachments

• cropcircle_sutter.jpg
    cropcircle_sutter.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 195
Doubt its from an old ferry crossing vintage...all the metal looks a bit more modern, roll formed, machine punched etc......but hey, good on ya for geezling around in the water and mud and bringing that on in! You can tell its moderately heavy and took a bit of physical strength and effort!...

We detectorists like this kind of stuff! You should see some of the worthless Krapp WE ALL haul home! And you got yourself a fine example there! Dirty and heavy and worthless, but cool none the less...:laughing:

We hunt for old sunken 1800's saw logs here too..I hauled home a busted off tombstone I found once!...It was well carved and marble, heavy as hell but I managed...I doubt they will miss it at all down there at the Cemetery...:laughing:.

Doubt its from an old ferry crossing vintage...all the metal looks a bit more modern, roll formed, machine punched etc......but hey, good on ya for geezling around in the water and mud and bringing that on in! You can tell its moderately heavy and took a bit of physical strength and effort!...

We detectorists like this kind of stuff! You should see some of the worthless Krapp WE ALL haul home! And you got yourself a fine example there! Dirty and heavy and worthless, but cool none the less...:laughing:

We hunt for old sunken 1800's saw logs here too..I hauled home a busted off tombstone I found once!...It was well carved and marble, heavy as hell but I managed...I doubt they will miss it at all down there at the Cemetery...:laughing:.

With your recent house downsizing, those days are over... unless you still are contemplating living out of a storage unit part time.

Back
Top Bottom