A couple of cool finds, new to me

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Headed out this evening, beautiful out, and caught the owner home at a nearby ca 1910 home, with large yard. Got the OK to detect and started in.

While I didn't find any silvers, I did get some wheat cents, modern quarters, and a couple of items I've never found before. Gave most of the wheat cents to the owner along with some odd artifacts and the copper memorial cents. Wheat cents dated 1917-1939.

Found my first Hat Pin, this one has some gold gilding remaining, and red glass center piece. The LePage's Signet is the metal stopper that came with their tubes of glue, I've shown part of a ca 1915 ad (for educational use) showing the tube and metal stopper / dauber.

Nothing earth shaking, I really like the hat pin. Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• det1.jpg
    det1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 158
  • det2.jpg
    det2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 162
  • rs1.jpg
    rs1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 152
I'm liking your vintage hardware paper work also.
The pin is a nice find , should look good in your hat !

Nice finds and thanks for sharing the background. It is interesting learning the history of the finds others have dug up. Always a great forum for learning something new.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I'm liking your vintage hardware paper work also.
The pin is a nice find , should look good in your hat !

Thank you gummy! I might have to try that, or better yet, for my wife's use!

Nice finds and thanks for sharing the background. It is interesting learning the history of the finds others have dug up. Always a great forum for learning something new.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thank you Indywar2! Yep, I do learn stuff here all the time!

Very nice!

Thank you bluebird66!

Back
Top Bottom