New Minelab Equinox

Looking forward to real water time and reports..

Looking at it further, I'm slightly sad to say, it probably won't do it for me..

Speaking primarily a water hunter..

Two things I immediately hate about it are the placement of the coil wires. The wire going into the control box, is very open an vulnerable IMO .. That open wire will catch all kinds of debris in the water, and catch water too.. The coil wire where it enters the coil, is waaayyy out there too... Come on, what were they thinking?

Attachments

• IMG_20170916_131301.jpg
    IMG_20170916_131301.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 953
Looking forward to real water time and reports..

Looking at it further, I'm slightly sad to say, it probably won't do it for me..

Speaking primarily a water hunter..

Two things I immediately hate about it are the placement of the coil wires. The wire going into the control box, is very open an vulnerable IMO .. That open wire will catch all kinds of debris in the water, and catch water too.. The coil wire where it enters the coil, is waaayyy out there too... Come on, what were they thinking?

I'll remember this post here, specifically.
Will see in coming months/years what detector you are using to water hunt with.

I've tried to streamline my ATP too..

So those issues jumped out at me...

My cable wire is taped up, and headphone wire runs out the back of my rig.

Ice can be an issue too...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20141118_223103.jpg
    IMG_20141118_223103.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_20141118_222925.jpg
    IMG_20141118_222925.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 754
I've tried to streamline my ATP too..

So those issues jumped out at me...

My cable wire is taped up, and headphone wire runs out the back of my rig.

<°)))>{

I can think of some ponds around here with the mulk on top,,,where the protrusion of cable coming out would be a problem.

I can think of some ponds around here with the mulk on top,,,where the protrusion of cable coming out would be a problem.

Surface vegetation in water, can be real problematic at times...

On the Great Lakes, the wind, depending on direction, can accumulate it to be almost unhuntable..

<°)))>{

It does look to be at a weird angle, and at that angle it would appear to connect very shallow also. Since the display isn't removable like a Deus, why not build the coil plug to connect into the bottom of the handle under the grip or just above the shaft into the handle? Little more wiring but ergonomically sound.

Already placed my order for one.

Where can I place my order like you did??

I should get fringe benefits too.
Bought 2 new CTXs and 2 new etracs.

Help me.

Can be perceived here as having fun.lol

Who would have thought detector upon release would have came out of air plane with a person?
And land for showing.
That part with the Chute or whatever leading up to release was NO joke.

I guess next we can expect like a space shuttle landing or some thing next in the future.

Minelab,
If you are reading here.
Work on your repair facilities in USA.

Need to move your repair facility to middle morseso of USA.
Will cut shipping cost,,and actual times folks wait for repaired units.
Would also promote your products in middle America moreso.
Get out from under Kellyco umbrella.
Be more stand alone.(not meant to be attack against Kellyco).

Better locations for example.
Missouri
Tennessee
Indiana
Arkansas
Mid to Northern Texas
Kentucky
Oklahoma

I am on board with you there. Kelly Co is by far the worst out there. Just saying call Kelly Co and see how long the wait on even warranty work on a Minelab is going to be. I will never buy any machine from them. Let alone them service a machine. I am stuck with them as of now as Minelab is using them and have no other means of repair. MINELAB GET YOUR OWN REPAIR CENTER HERE IN THE USA.

Just my opinion but here it is. This machine is designed as a blow directed at xp deus. I think it was put out to compete with the deus and be even more than xp is offering on the deus right now for half the MSRP. It will also pull some away from the Impact as it is basically a super Impact. Do not expect it to be the machine that makes you sell your FBS unit, because it would be suicide for them to sell an 800 dollar machine that is better in every way than the 3030. I suspect it might be at best like an entry level fbs unit when in multi-freq. Which i love my Safari only one number but i kept it over my etrac/3030 because of cheap coil and rods selection and it for me did about everything i needed.

Think about it............. all minelab offered was either a go find or next step Safari at 1000 dollars . This machine is aimed at AT MAX, Impact, Deus users basically the whole mid level market even though this machine will be a bit above mid level in performance. Which will change the market for sure...

BUT NOT A GAME ENDER!!! MY ADVICE IS DO NOT RUSH TO SELL YOUR ETRACS/3030's!

Just reminds me of an electric guitar cord....

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20170916_144955.jpg
    IMG_20170916_144955.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 723
Just my opinion but here it is. This machine is designed as a blow directed at xp deus. I think it was put out to compete with the deus and be even more than xp is offering on the deus right now for half the MSRP. It will also pull some away from the Impact as it is basically a super Impact. Do not expect it to be the machine that makes you sell your FBS unit, because it would be suicide for them to sell an 800 dollar machine that is better in every way than the 3030. I suspect it might be at best like an entry level fbs unit when in multi-freq. Which i love my Safari only one number but i kept it over my etrac/3030 because of cheap coil and rods selection and it for me did about everything i needed.

Think about it............. all minelab offered was either a go find or next step Safari at 1000 dollars . This machine is aimed at AT MAX, Impact, Deus users basically the whole mid level market even though this machine will be a bit above mid level in performance. Which will change the market for sure...

BUT NOT A GAME ENDER!!! MY ADVICE IS DO NOT RUSH TO SELL YOUR ETRACS/3030's!

I agree with you for the most part.
Except this detector was aimed more at the whole market in general.
All competitors.

I guess the question that needs to be asked,,what was XP's target (manufacturer) wise when they designed and engineered Deus?

Where are the batteries I wonder are they removable they say rechargeable I agree about the cable could be an issue with getting snagged overall pretty impressive I think especially for the price

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Batteries are in the handle, should help with the balance also.

Where are the batteries I wonder are they removable they say rechargeable I agree about the cable could be an issue with getting snagged overall pretty impressive I think especially for the price

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

If they plan on the Equinox competing with the Deus/AT MAX they sure better have fixed the small gold issue the E-Trac and CTX have or else there is no compitition other than a light wireless E-Trac.

Back
Top Bottom