Question for the Deus owners

canman678

Been watching YouTube videos on the peace havens channell. He sometimes uses the non-motion audio disc mode and calls it the squealer mode. Any one know how to set this up?

I've had my Deus for 3 years almost and I'm still not clear on the setup for the non-motion modes. I finally quit using them as I got better and better with the motion programs.

Two of the non motion modes are worth trying: Non motion audio disc and non motion disc.

Non motion audio disc has a set disc point between ferrous and non ferrous, so iron is always disc'd out while everything else is accepted. The machine needs to be ground balanced while in non motion audio disc, which is part of a somewhat complicated setup procedure.

Non motion disc has an adjustable disc point which can be set wherever you want. It is much simpler to set up. You cannot ground balance in this mode.

I've tried both and prefer the non motion disc mode for the adjustable disc point and easy setup. I don't find the lack of ground balance in this mode to be a disadvantage since I would only use these programs for extremely trashy areas, and don't really see an advantage in using them for deep targets

Here is the setup procedure I've used for non motion disc:
Hit the pinpoint button and then hit the button on the upper left to scroll into non motion disc mode.
Set the disc
Set the sensitivity
Set the tune so you get an audible threshold with the coil about 3-4 inches above the ground but is silent at sweep level.

These modes will actually give you better target separation -believe it or not- but they are very unstable, and for that reason, a pain to use. Once you put the machine down, it re-tunes itself and needs to be adjusted all over again. About the only way I can think of to hunt effectively with it would be to mark your targets as you find them, then go back and dig them up.

Back
Top Bottom