Joint Pain

Aleve takes the edge off most of the time when I take it for joint pain , atleast enough for me to keep active. If I run out I will take ibuprofen but it dont seem to work as well. But everybodys chemistry is different , what works for some may not work so well for others.

Agreed. Aleve does nothing for me, but ibuprofen usually kicks my pain. I seldom take acetaminophen, as it is not an anti-inflammatory, and ibuprofen seems to work better for me, anyway. I avoid taking more than 80 mg. of acetylsalicylic acid, (Aspirin).

I never thought about allergy med and joint pain , its been a bad sneeze season for me and I have been popping allergy meds like candy and my joint pain has been much worse this spring . I guess helping one problem causes another. I also don't know what I would do without fish oil and gloucosimine.:?:

OK, I might be a bit off subject here, but I will give it a go. I posted the following comment on the Aussie site "Your Life Choices".

http://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/news/is-it-time-to-change-the-law#comment-169809

Pardelope, there are also other ways around brain washed doctors following the rule book, instead of making considered decisions.
I am 74 and had chronic lower back problems for 50 years on and off. I was on 30mg Oxy Contin twice per day and asked my doctor if he could increase the dosage. He started to give me the usual spiel about the body getting used to them and going up and up on the dosage is not good. Then I gave him a bit a spiel like this.
I am 74 and lived 31 years longer than my Father who died on his 43rd Birthday in 1953 of a Heart Attack. I have had a lot more than I paid for, and now regardless of whether I have 20 minutes or 20 years I just want it to be as Comfortable as possible. Now instead of going from 30mg to 40mg can you make it 3 times a day instead of 2. He agreed and I am a Happy Chappy. Bugger the rule book, do what feels right.
By the way I did wane myself off them about 3 months ago when I was going through a better period. I went down to a half a tablet at a time for 5 days then a quarter of a tablet for 5 days just to prove to myself I wasn't a Junky.
I don't want to offend my Yanky Friends, just tell them that there is a variety of opinions.

OK, I might be a bit off subject here, but I will give it a go. I posted the following comment on the Aussie site "Your Life Choices".

http://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/news/is-it-time-to-change-the-law#comment-169809

Pardelope, there are also other ways around brain washed doctors following the rule book, instead of making considered decisions.
I am 74 and had chronic lower back problems for 50 years on and off. I was on 30mg Oxy Contin twice per day and asked my doctor if he could increase the dosage. He started to give me the usual spiel about the body getting used to them and going up and up on the dosage is not good. Then I gave him a bit a spiel like this.
I am 74 and lived 31 years longer than my Father who died on his 43rd Birthday in 1953 of a Heart Attack. I have had a lot more than I paid for, and now regardless of whether I have 20 minutes or 20 years I just want it to be as Comfortable as possible. Now instead of going from 30mg to 40mg can you make it 3 times a day instead of 2. He agreed and I am a Happy Chappy. Bugger the rule book, do what feels right.
By the way I did wane myself off them about 3 months ago when I was going through a better period. I went down to a half a tablet at a time for 5 days then a quarter of a tablet for 5 days just to prove to myself I wasn't a Junky.
I don't want to offend my Yanky Friends, just tell them that there is a variety of opinions.

Ummm, not to offend you, but not all U.S. citizens like being referred to as Yanks, Yanky or Yankee. The term is best reserved for New Englanders. Especially not to be used with those from the Southern states. Just for the benefit of those of you unfamiliar with U.S. culture and care.

Ummm, not to offend you, but not all U.S. citizens like being referred to as Yanks, Yanky or Yankee. The term is best reserved for New Englanders. Especially not to be used with those from the Southern states. Just for the benefit of those of you unfamiliar with U.S. culture and care.

OK Crackerjack point taken, I have been using that term for years and didn't know it was a sensitive thing. I will pull my head in and use American friends in future.
Cheers Mate.

I have used most of the items listed in the replies. All of them gave me some relief for a while. I take the Schiff Mega Red and it does seem to help. It took a week or so before I realized it was working. A good topical I have used for years is a Walgreens' brand for muscle and joint relief.

But I recently started with another topical......Two Old Goats? Seriously, that's the name. I use it twice daily and it has helped me a lot. It says it's for Fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc. I had L4 and L5 repaired surgically in 2009. The pain now is sometimes worse than before I had surgery. Two Old Goats helps me limber up quicker in the morning after my shower.

I think another thing that is helping me is MD'ing. Bending over, squatting, digging, walking, etc.... As stated earlier, it's a lot better to be moving than sitting.

So at the risk of sounding like a commercial, try the Two Old Goats. I get mine from our local HARDWARE STORE......not the pharmacy.

HH y'all.

Frank

Is Two Old Goats in pill form?

Two Old Goats is a lotion. The consistency of hand lotion. A bit aromatic at first but the smell quickly disappears. I don't find the smell offensive. It does soften the skin too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So since I am chemman I make an extract from dried and crushed Habanero peppers extracted with 200 proof ethanol (Everclear). It makes a beautiful golden liquid that is literally liquid FIRE! Mix it about 2 parts extract to 3 parts of Absorbine Junior and you have some stuff that will really help with joint and muscle pain. Apply a couple times a day and it will continue to work for days after an application. After 3 days of applying it daily, a warm shower spraying on the affected area is like nothing you have ever experienced before. I sometimes just apply the extracted habenero in ethanol with a swab. I think you could probably buy the stuff over the counter as Zostrix, a capcasin extract cream.

Capcasin, it is all in your brain, Brainworm. You should try it an see if it works, I know some people swear by it.

My father-in-law is British-Irish, he refers to EVERYBODY from the USA as Yanks, even if you are a gun totin' tobacco spittin' 10 gallon hat wearin' pointy toed boot cow scat kickin' Texan. I am pretty sure U.S. culture wouldn't matter, to him it is in his culture to call us that.

i also use two old goats and it does seem to help especially in a flare up. i have a bottle at home and one at work.

Then I am certain that he won't mind

My father-in-law is British-Irish, he refers to EVERYBODY from the USA as Yanks, even if you are a gun totin' tobacco spittin' 10 gallon hat wearin' pointy toed boot cow scat kickin' Texan. I am pretty sure U.S. culture wouldn't matter, to him it is in his culture to call us that.

if we refer to him as a native of "Spam Land". LOL
HH,
John Morton

My shoulders have been bothering me more and more when i hunt, water hunting seems to be taking it's toll... I found that taking some time off and actually doing some exercise helped, moving the arms in different directions...
Other than that Robax helps...

if we refer to him as a native of "Spam Land". LOL
HH,
John Morton

Why John, if I didn't know better I would say you are trying to be offensive. :laughing:

As far as Yanks go I think E.B. White boiled it down to:

To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.

The knee is still killing me, the Doc said take defamatory and use ice, I ordered a bottle of Two Old Goats will get it next week.:lol:

There is some other stuff marketed as "Biofreeze" wallgreens and many other drug stores carry. Never tried adding my capcasin extract to biofreeze, humm...

No, not trying to be offensive, just offering a

Why John, if I didn't know better I would say you are trying to be offensive. :laughing:

As far as Yanks go I think E.B. White boiled it down to:

gentle reminder that accommodation needs to be reciprocal, if one persists in the mis-use of a general form of address.

FYI, the term "Spam land" came about during WWII. Due to the blockade of the British Isles, food was in short supply. Most every one there did everything they could to cut back to allow everyone to at least have a little. Once the USA entered the war, we sent convoys of supplies to GB. Since refrigerated ships were scarce, and many ships didn't get through at all, the USA had to find a way to send food as rapidly as possible, but it had to be dried or canned. As it turned out, the nice people who make Spam had a product that could stay in the package for years, if necessary, and they could turn it out by the train load. Pretty soon shiploads of Spam arrived to feed the hungry people. You can still find spam in England if you just look around for it. You can even find Spam curry. Even Monty Python mentioned Spam.

The people of GB were very glad to get Spam during WWII, as well as the other things they had been missing for what must have seemed like a long time. They were also kind enough to invite many US service men into their home for a hot meal. After days and days of eating Spam for 3 a day in the mess hall, the soldiers were honored by being served the best the family had to offer SPAM. Pretty soon, England was bestowed the title of "Spam Land" among the US troops there.

LOL
HH,
John Morton

gentle reminder that accommodation needs to be reciprocal, if one persists in the mis-use of a general form of address.

FYI, the term "Spam land" came about during WWII. Due to the blockade of the British Isles, food was in short supply. Most every one there did everything they could to cut back to allow everyone to at least have a little. Once the USA entered the war, we sent convoys of supplies to GB. Since refrigerated ships were scarce, and many ships didn't get through at all, the USA had to find a way to send food as rapidly as possible, but it had to be dried or canned. As it turned out, the nice people who make Spam had a product that could stay in the package for years, if necessary, and they could turn it out by the train load. Pretty soon shiploads of Spam arrived to feed the hungry people. You can still find spam in England if you just look around for it. You can even find Spam curry. Even Monty Python mentioned Spam.

The people of GB were very glad to get Spam during WWII, as well as the other things they had been missing for what must have seemed like a long time. They were also kind enough to invite many US service men into their home for a hot meal. After days and days of eating Spam for 3 a day in the mess hall, the soldiers were honored by being served the best the family had to offer SPAM. Pretty soon, England was bestowed the title of "Spam Land" among the US troops there.

LOL
HH,
John Morton

Many in the British Isles may agree with you but some had a bit lower opinion of the Yanks for good reason:

One of my favorite letters comes from John Husak, writing about his time in London. He writes to a friend back home, “Boy! Alden, as long as there is an England I won’t have to worry about being a bachelor.” Later in the letter he says that “the air raid shelters sure come in handy when you are courting a girl.” Toward the end of the letter he comes to the conclusion that it might not be his personal charms that keep the ladies attentive but the “chewing gum, candy etc.” that he has access to.

Well, there was a saying...

Many in the British Isles may agree with you but some had a bit lower opinion of the Yanks for good reason:

They are over paid, over sexed, and OVER HERE!

I am sure I have no idea what they were talking about.

HH,
John Morton

WWII was a very interesting time. The world went through a tremendous change. No one born after 1960 or so can possibly understand how much the world, especially technology changed.

Back
Top Bottom