12-34 Zinc signal = GOLD!!! Largest gold yet for me! *pics video, headstamps*

Bonesquat

Elite Member
Started off today with the mindset of, "I'm going to dig a piece of gold today. I will dig EVERYTHING, regardless of how many signals I come across".
I felt like a soccer field in a park would produce some...

First interesting item I dug was this.

CAM_0461 (Custom).jpg

The next few signals produced more trash and these.
CAM_0460 (Custom).jpg

I'm doing a grid search and BAM, 14-32, 12-34, numbers like that (zinc penny signal). I put the lesche in the ground and popped the purposed zincoln...

IMAG0666 (Custom).jpg
IMAG0669-1.jpg

SCORE at the soccer goal posts!!! Found it a few feet away. I figured some guy was blocking the ball when this ring flew off his hand.

Took it to my detecting Buddy, Ray, to get it polished up at his dental work place. This burly guy Ray works with polished it up and look at it now. :wow:

CAM_0447 (Custom).jpg
CAM_0449 (Custom).jpg
CAM_0457 (Custom).jpg
Oh and I found about $4 in clad. I couldn't be happier with the results of today. You gotta dig those zinc signals. :yes: Thanks for looking and HH.

Sweet

Congrats Rick. Looks like I am going to stop ignoring the Zinc's. Very nice ring.Makes you wonder how many rings and gold you have ignored in the past. No gold yet for me on the Etrac. Glad to see you could get out.

:wow2: :stars: :yay: :band: :confetti: :party: :party2:

YAY!!! Awesome job bro!!!! I knew you could do it!! Thats a nice piece of gold buddy!!! Excellent job!

That's awesome Rick. You deserve that puppy. Can you say "my precious"? It does pay to dig those zinc signals. My Reale rang up as zinc. I would think that ring would ring in as a nickel signal. Huge congrats bro!!!

Sweet find Rick! Congratulations. Glad to see that you are still getting out. If the rain holds off, I am going to try to get out for a little while tomorrow myself. Congrats on the gold once again!

Doug

Nice find! Huge band. The diameter really got the CO up. People put their stuff down next to the goals. I bet it was put down next to his keys and other junk and someone knocked it over.

It is really hard to dig every pull tab and zincoln (99% junk) with an e-trac, when it is so good at finding quarters and dimes.(90+% coins) I almost always dig less common, semi-weird numbers, that I hope have better percentages, than pull-tabs, like 12-28, 12-32, 12-13, 12-8, 12-5, and neighboring numbers. I got a trolley token at 12-34, and other tokens there. I will occasionally bear down and a lot of pulltabs and zincolns.

Congrats Rick. Looks like I am going to stop ignoring the Zinc's. Very nice ring.Makes you wonder how many rings and gold you have ignored in the past. No gold yet for me on the Etrac. Glad to see you could get out.

Pulltabs probably have more gold dig percentages than zincolns, but you also get tokens and IHs at zincolns.

Thanks everyone for the comments. It was a blast seeing that sucker in the hole. You guys know how exciting it is seeing that bright gold band in the dirt (erm clay in my case).

:D

Back
Top Bottom