What kind of video camera do you use?

Digger657

Elite Member
I am thinking about getting a video camera to record some hunts. I would like to know what cameras people are using and how they like them. Thanks.

I am thinking about getting a video camera to record some hunts. I would like to know what cameras people are using and how they like them. Thanks.

I just use my Canon Rebel T1i DSLR camera in video mode. Most of the time I just shoot vids using my smartphone.

I don't record my hunts but I own a GoPro helmet cam. Seems like it would work well and is water/dirt proof. A Flip would work as well.

Hope you get one I love watching detecting videos... :yes:
I need to get one myself & start making filming some hunts...

I use a sony bloggie. They are about the size of a point and shoot camera or cell phone, shoots in HD has great focus and only about 100 bucks. I wear it on my hip inside a cell phone case for easy access.

Here is my YouTube channel if you want to see examples of it in action....while youre there, subscribe!!! :D:D:D I only have 3 vids right now, but will be posting more pretty soon.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/NJMDer?feature=mhee

Lol.....still laughing from the goose. Both great videos, the 1080 is stunning quality, super sharp....great editing. Congrats on the barber....finally!!! Lol. I subscribed....

Lol.....still laughing from the goose. Both great videos, the 1080 is stunning quality, super sharp....great editing. Congrats on the barber....finally!!! Lol. I subscribed....

:lol: Thanks, it's funny looking at it now - but I was seriously stoked to find that. Figures only a few weeks later I found a barber quarter. You should see the video quality when youtube doesn't compress it. It's WAY better than you see there.

Camera mount.

Attachments

• 2085942.jpg
    2085942.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,190
Camera mount.

I have the same camera, except that I used super-glue to glue the "super velcro" strip to the hat. It makes it easy to put on and take off the camera.

Sometimes I use my Tachyon, sometimes I use a Sony handycam. As soon as I my new point-n-shoot (Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS3) comes in, I will be using that. The Sony takes the best quality videos, but it's much bulkier to carry around and more of a pain to setup.

Back
Top Bottom