1965 Gold Class Ring - RETURNED!

RecoverinRelics

Hi folks!

The other day I went over to my neighbor's house to do some detecting in the yard. I decided to hunt in an area I really hadn't detected much of yet. I was finding a lot of trash. I was getting shallow signals and was finding a lot of scrap aluminum and miscellaneous junk. Then I got a sweet penny/zinc-penny signal at about 4 inches deep. When I dug down, the first thing I saw was a brick. When I pulled the brick out and dug around a bit, I saw GOLD!!!!!! It was a huge chunk of gold too! Boy was I pumped up!

M1350002.JPG

M1350005.JPG

When I brought it home to clean it up, I noticed it was from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy - Class of 1965. On the inside were the initials "JPD". Hmm... my neighbor is a pharmacist and has the initials JPD... I wonder whose ring this was???

M1360016.JPG

M1360013.JPG

M1360019.JPG

Showing off the bling. Lol.

So I decided I'd return it to him today and get a little detecting in beforehand. It was another day of diggin' trash. I did manage to dig an old buckle though. Digging all that trash was well worth it though... After going home to switch out detectors and to get a water, I came back to the neighbor's and took a seat on the ground to take a break. When I looked up, staring straight at me was a 10 point buck. WOW!!! That had to have been one of the coolest things to ever happen to me. It was with a doe and they stayed there for about 5 minutes.

M1360008.JPG

M1360001.JPG

After my encounter with the deer, I detected a little more then decided to call it quits. That's when I brought over the class ring to my neighbor. He was pretty excited to have it back!! I received a reward, consisting of some old coins. Part of the reward was a large cent and what I think is an old British coin from the 1700's!!!

Well it sure felt great to return that ring. It sure is a beauty.

Here's a video of this weekend's adventure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duLC5Sj95_8

Thanks for reading everyone! Good luck & HH!

-RR

Congratulations on finding and returning the ring. It is nice that he showed his appreciation for returning it. You showed a great deal of integrity and deserve the praise and good karma that is sure to come your way. Best of luck with your future hunts.:yes:

You did the right thing. That speaks volumes as to the way your parents raised you. Congrats on your find and your returning the ring.

You have a New Fan

Ryan I just watched your Ring video and applaud your getting the ring back to it's owner. Next time take the camera along. You are doing very well out there and I can't wait to see more of rour video's. Congrats on getting the big Buck on video as well, that was very cool. You can see the rut is on and that big fellow is out of his head in love. I'm a new fan, keep up the good work. Great video.

Awesome

That is awesome and speaks volumes about your character...It would have been easy for you to pawn that HUGE hunk of gold. Glad that the owner gave you a reward and I'm sure when he is talking to friends and family this will open up many hunting opportunities. I am not a real religious guy, but Karma is one thing I do believe in...Great job dude.

GREAT STORY. I'm glad you were rewarded for your find... I love the pics of the deer. I've run into a few deer on my hunts these last few weeks. Congrats and keep up the good karma!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Finding that ring also gave me hope that there is still a lot to be found in my neighbor's yard. GL & HH!

-RR

Great story! Did your neighbor remember losing it; what he was doing? Just wondering about the brick. HH

He told me he was doing work out back when he noticed it was missing. I told him about the brick, but neither of us could figure out how it got under there. Makes you wonder how your finds get to where they are!

Back
Top Bottom