My Old Excalibur died,I got a new used one and Found Gold the first time out!

Hotrod Tom

Elite Member
OK this story started a few weeks ago.My old Excalibur that I bought around 94 died on me a few weeks ago so I have been hunting with my Dual Field on a local beach.My usual beach has way too much iron to use the PI there so I have been looking to replace the Excal.Money has been a little tight so I have been chasing a few leads on used ones and then I found one for sale on here.I contacted member jewaugh ( Jack) and we worked out a deal.He was very easy to deal with and I couldn't be happier.Thankyou Jack! My like new Excal showed up today and right after work I put it together and ran to my old iron filled beach,it had a nice cut and a good amount of erosion.As soon as I started hunting the skies opened up and it started to poor out and the wind picked up so it was sort of raining sideways with sand mixed in.I could see that it was going to blow over fast so I just kept detecting.I found a decent amount of clad,$5.36 worth.The new ExcalII is alot different than my old Excal with the seasearch coil.My new one is hip mounted with a straight shaft and my old one is still the way it was when I got it new.The new one is alot lighter which for me makes it harder to use in the surf,I will get used to it.The tones are sort of the same but and I will have to get used to that too.I hope I get to know it as good as my old one.Well after about an hour and a half of clad I heard that low tone that all Excal owners love and out of the sand popped a 14K white gold ring with 7 diamonds (I hope).I really need to get a diamond tester.I can't be happier with my almost new Excal II and hope it lasts as long and is as good as my old one.This winter I will operate on the old one and see if I can raise it from the dead but only better with a remote Disc-PP switch.Sorry for the long post but at least it includes pics.I just want to say Thankyou again to Jack for an honest,quick and easy transaction.I hope your next time out detecting you find a ring like Max did but without a name in it.Tom

Attachments

• Metal detecting finds 001.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 693
  • Metal detecting finds 004.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 004.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 604
  • Metal detecting finds 005.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 005.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 689
  • Metal detecting finds 006.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 006.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 598
  • Metal detecting finds 009.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 009.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 593
I like that ring... I wish I could find one like that and I would wear it myself :D

I like that ring... I wish I could find one like that and I would wear it myself :D
It fits my pinky,I never find rings that fit me so this one was a surprise.I found it up at the high tide line where I was only finding dimes....I thought you already found one of every ring made :lol:

That's a real nice ring!! A diamond tester and gram scale would be my recommendations for you. Diamonds look real. Continued success with your new Excal.

Raphis

Nice ring I hope the stones are real. Do not worry about the long post. I like a little background on the stories myself.

Congrats on that beauty! I love it!!!

I was thinking the same thing! I really like that ring and would wear it if I found one like that!

Back
Top Bottom