Don't dig Zinc? Leave them for me...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I read several posts about people that won't dig those zinc signals.
True, most of the time it is a zincoln, but sometimes not.

One member dug a zinc and got a gold ring, he is glad he did.

These are just a few of the zinc targets I have dug, I have several cast toy vehicles, too, and the large token I found yesterday is one of the coolest things I have found, yet.

Attachments

• zinc objects.jpg
    zinc objects.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 520
  • token good.jpg
    token good.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 524
  • token good 2.jpg
    token good 2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 510
I don't mind digging zincolns at all as long as they aren't corroded beyond being usable. They are money after all and very abundant. It adds up fast.

Some time ago I read a post on another forum that pointed out that some small jewelry and other desirable targets come in as Zincs. I'd been passing over zincs because of their often lousy condition, but I decided to dig them again. The second one I retrieved turned out to be a small, black hills gold ring so now I dig them regularly and throw the cruddies away.
BB

Some time ago I read a post on another forum that pointed out that some small jewelry and other desirable targets come in as Zincs. I'd been passing over zincs because of their often lousy condition, but I decided to dig them again. The second one I retrieved turned out to be a small, black hills gold ring so now I dig them regularly and throw the cruddies away.
BB

Which part of "leave them for me" did you not understand?
I am shooting you my address so you can send me my ring.

My best zincoln

Came in as a solid zincoln signal - 55+ vdi on the MXT. Thought it'd be a corroded zinc or bottle cap. Sure glad I dug this zincoln earring. 8 grams - not sure on karat, but def gold. Too heavy, passed scratch test. :)

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 419
I dig em, I'm out there detecting anyway, and it saves me from hitting on it again and again. I'd rather dig a Zinc penny than I would a screw cap, tab or foil but occasionally I've got a pleasant surprise when digging these type signals.

Digger 27 - you'll just have to come out to Idaho to pick up the ring. LOL This thread really shows why those that "dig it all" or nearly so find the most goodies. TID, discrimination etc. are all great tools, but in the end It's just a machines best guess. The eyeball test is the only 100% sure thing.
BB

A bunch of the small jewelry and some buttons I have dug have come in that range so I dig them. Also tabs and nickels have gotten me tokens and other goodies. Depends on the location and other factors of whether I dig everything or if I am kind of selective.

Back
Top Bottom