My First Gold on Easter!!!

PhotoRob06

Forum Supporter
So I was having a dry spell... lots of clad and little luck. I thought I had to work today and come to find out the mall was closed! So I went to Salem Common looking for old coins (brought my cat on a leash to loosen people up). Anyway... I got a zinc signal at 1 inch and thought "hmmm... dig everything because you never know". I assumed it was a newer penny; but I made a slit and shoved the pinpointer through, only to feel that happy vibration of success! I felt in the hole and pulled out what I thought was a small pipe-fitting with soil in the middle, although it was shiny. It was so shiny that I knew it wasn't copper or zinc or steel. I pushed the soil out of the middle and saw 10K. I nearly had a heart attack! I had to stop some random person walking by and show it to them. Lol. Anyway... I just started detecting in early March, and this is my first gold.

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 706
Cool did you find that with your f2?

Yeah, Digger27 had a post answering a question about gold rings and how they can show on an F2 at different sizes - which is one reason I actually dug this, because some of his had rang as zinc on F2... Others tab and nickel.

Always

I found gold digging the low tones and it's my guess that you will always dig them too..congrats on the gold..very cool.

Congrats! How did you manage to train your cat to go on a leash? Mine refuses to do so. Follows me but without a leash. Which means I am afraid to go with to high traffic places.

Congrats! How did you manage to train your cat to go on a leash? Mine refuses to do so. Follows me but without a leash. Which means I am afraid to go with to high traffic places.

Well she's an odd cat... But I started with a harness in the back yard and a stake in the ground so she can go 360 degrees w/o getting tangled. At first she would walk funny and go to the very end of the leash but the more I took her out, she got used to it and now I just use her coller. I bring her carrying case so if she gets freaked she can hide... But she's not a very jumpy cat.

Thanks. I took her to the beach a couple of times but without an MD. Maybe I should try to teach her to carry a bag or something.

LOL I am the same as you, anytime I find something worthwhile I have to show the closest person. When I found my first gold ring I immediately texted my dad, mom, and girlfriend.

Well she's an odd cat... But I started with a harness in the back yard and a stake in the ground so she can go 360 degrees w/o getting tangled. At first she would walk funny and go to the very end of the leash but the more I took her out, she got used to it and now I just use her coller. I bring her carrying case so if she gets freaked she can hide... But she's not a very jumpy cat.

lol, my daughter has a rabbit that she has trained to walk on a leash. i know that sounds silly, but it was in the house and trained to use a litter box. the rabbit got moved outside a year or so ago, it would get excited playing in the house and really get the hopping around and leave little rabbit nuggets in the floor. it broke the daughters heart to build her a house outside, but can't be steppin in rabbit nuggets. :D

Yeah, Digger27 had a post answering a question about gold rings and how they can show on an F2 at different sizes - which is one reason I actually dug this, because some of his had rang as zinc on F2... Others tab and nickel.

Hey, Did I call this one or what?
Love it when people listen and take my advice and get successful results.
Imagine how many would have, might have, passed this one by because they just don't want to dig zincolns!

Looks like the same size ring I have..an old style wedding band.
Mine is about 10 grams...several hundred dollars melt, but a jeweler might even pay more for something this big, especially if it's old.
10k, it is still worth about $200, melt, you just paid for your detector, dude!

A good jeweler can melt it down and make another nice piece for you, if you prefer.

Congradufriculations!!!!

Keep ARAgold's address around and handy...something tells me you are going to need it!

Attachments

• ringy.jpg
    ringy.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 466
Hey, Did I call this one or what?
Love it when people listen and take my advice and get successful results.
Imagine how many would have, might have, passed this one by because they just don't want to dig zincolns!

Looks like the same size ring I have..an old style wedding band.
Mine is about 10 grams...several hundred dollars melt, but a jeweler might even pay more for something this big, especially if it's old.
10k, it is still worth about $200, melt, you just paid for your detector, dude!

A good jeweler can melt it down and make another nice piece for you, if you prefer.

Congradufriculations!!!!

Keep ARAgold's address around and handy...something tells me you are going to need it!

Nice! Working the studio today and was able to take a better pic. Is it possible to tell the approximate age of a ring? I'm noticing in this photo and with closer inspection that the metal has some irregularities, like pits. Is this normal, or could it mean that it it's somewhat older?

Attachments

• _DSC0024.jpg
    _DSC0024.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 455
Back
Top Bottom